cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router webpage does not recognise router name or passwod

mackerel
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 158 of 158

I have been having recurring wifi and internet outages. I have tried to access the router, but the webpage rejects the name I had changed it to and the original name.  I am using the router password - not the wifi password.  I have just reset the router but no change.

Also, when wifi works, I can connect to an extender successfully, but NOT the router itself.

0 Likes
157 REPLIES 157

Message 141 of 158

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when this happens please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 142 of 158

Debbie - yes, thanks, received late yesterday.  All is not right, though.  I could not log on to the router using the details on the pull-out tab of the router.  On further inspection, these details are different from those on the label on the router itself - so I used those, and it works.

Really, this is such a simple error, you wonder about the Quality Control on these units.

What is still wrong is the speed.  The router is taking too long to connect to some pages, which time you out.  I also it takes about one minute from clicking on this community page before anything happens.  I know I'm on old-fashioned broadband, and the download speed this morning shows 23.3 which seems ok, so why are connections taking so long.  Sometimes I can get catch-up channels on the TV, and sometimes I can't.

So, still not working right.

0 Likes

Message 143 of 158

Hi mackerel

Have you received the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 144 of 158

You're very welcome @mackerel.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 145 of 158

Message 146 of 158

Keith

Yes, that's what I suspected.  Appreciate the help - Debbie is sending a new one

Message 147 of 158

Debbie

Many thanks - I'll let you know.

Message 148 of 158

Hi mackerel

I've ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 149 of 158

Sounds like the router is faulty, I will ask TalkTalk to swap it out for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 150 of 158

Keith - yes, first thing I did was get out a bent paperclip and reset it.  Thinking back I had the same problem (same inaccurate messages on status) a few months back.  Should have done something then.  These are messages.  Note the wifi doesNOT work on that named router but does on the extension.

mackerel_0-1705422331629.png

mackerel_1-1705422381214.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 151 of 158

It looks like your profile is updated by an icon I can see. Don't worry I cannot see what you have put in there, only TalkTalk & yourself have visibility of that.

Have you tried a factory default of the router's configuration? Karl won't be back until the morning now.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 152 of 158

Karl

I've added my phone (but see reply to Keith) but I can't get the profile system to accept my entry at stage 2

Simon

0 Likes

Message 153 of 158

Yes - that's the one

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 154 of 158

I think you should factory default your Sagemcom 5464 (Hub 2) - I presume.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 155 of 158

Hi

So that I can locate your account on our system and pick this issue up for you, please can you add your Account number or Home phone number to your 'Community Profile'.

Thanks  

Karl.   

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 156 of 158

Keith = thanks, that worked.  Now all the data provided by the router page is wrong.  It says, for instance, that I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.  Ethernet connected (to one computer and TVs) plus wifi to both computers, 2 iphones and ipad.  It also says my voice capability on the phone is off - it isn't.  Also, the internet speed (broadband unfortunately) is much slower than it should be.  I think I need a new router.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 157 of 158

From what you say, I think you are using the wireless network's name & the router password that will never work if you have a WiFi Hub.

The username is always admin and the password is your router password.

Keith

0 Likes