cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router webpage does not recognise router name or passwod

mackerel
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 158 of 158

I have been having recurring wifi and internet outages. I have tried to access the router, but the webpage rejects the name I had changed it to and the original name.  I am using the router password - not the wifi password.  I have just reset the router but no change.

Also, when wifi works, I can connect to an extender successfully, but NOT the router itself.

0 Likes
157 REPLIES 157

Message 1 of 158

Hi mackerel

Thanks for your reply.

I've booked the first available engineer visit for 03/04 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 158

Michelle

Thanks - I am generally available any time, but not Saturday 30th March

0 Likes

Message 3 of 158

Hi mackerel

The minimum guaranteed range for your line is 9.5mb.

Please provide your availability AM and PM and I will book the first available visit.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 158

Debbie

I would have replied earlier but the internet speed was too low.  Attached are the latest speed readings for my iphone and laptop.

The question is simple - are these speeds what I contracted to buy from you?

If the answer is that they are too low, it is up to you to fix it.  YOU need to decide whether an engineer is needed.  So far Talktalk has surpassed itself in ensuring that it incurs no costs rather than looking after its customer.  You have failed for months to help me.

If you can show that the problem is due to my ineptitude I will pay for that (as I have said before).  I am a non-technical pensioner who cannot resolve this, so you need  to step up and help me.

Please put customer support as your only priority and resolve this once and for all.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 158

Hi mackerel

We have to accept all the terms of the potential engineer charges.

If an engineer charge is applied after this visit then we will be unable to credit this back.

To summarise, if the fault is found to be with your own equipment or internal wiring, or if there is any damage to the line/master socket etc, or the engineer finds the service is working fine when they arrive then charges can be applied.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 158

I think my previous replies have acknowledged that I will accept valid engineer's costs.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 158

Hi mackerel,

I'm sorry but you would need to agree to potential engineer charge before we can arrange the visit.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 158

OK - so what you are saying is that you recognise that something is wrong with service I'm paying for, but if your engineer comes out and lacks the ability to find and fix the fault, then you charge me for that.

Your obligation is to fix this, not prioritise stiffing me with your costs of failure.  Is it any surprise I want to agree any charges before they're made.

Obviously I'm happy to pay for any problems I have caused.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 158

Hi,

We can arrange a TalkTalk Engineer visit to check the set up for you, however this would likely be a chargeable visit. If you'd like to go ahead with this then please let us know.

TalkTalk Engineer - Service Visit - We’ll send a TalkTalk Service engineer to carry out checks and fix any issues with your phone, broadband or TalkTalk TV service. The maximum potential charge for your appointment is £75 and it will show on your bill as TalkTalk engineer - Service Fault.

WHY HAVE I BEEN CHARGED?

We'll charge you if the engineer was unable to find a fault with your service during your visit, or the fault was found to be related to a condition inside your premises. We won’t charge you if the fault is caused by a TalkTalk router, unless the fault was caused by you damaging or misusing equipment.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 158

OK - just tell them that I need to check them, too

0 Likes

Message 11 of 158

My comments still stand.  Previously there was no transparency in the charge - no explanations given.

Anyway, I think we need a Talktalk engineer, as the Openreach one has already been out and failed to find what the problem is, so they would seem to be inappropriately qualified as the problems still exists after his visit.    Please send an expert on the workings of your supply, rather than Openreach.

The information you attached basically says you will charge me whatever happens, but you are not taking responsibility for your contractual obligations.  I will agree to charges once I agree the charge is reasonable.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 158

Hi mackerel

Just to add - the charge is checked by the trcs team (time related charges team) so we are not aware of charges until they are applied.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 158

Hi mackerel

Further information can be found here

Engineer charges

We’ll send an Openreach engineer to carry out checks in your property or garden. If there’s a fault outside of your property, the engineer will complete any necessary work on the network or at the exchange. The maximum potential charge for your appointment is £75 and it will show on your bill as Engineer charge.

We'll charge you if the Openreach engineer was unable to find a fault with your service or the fault was found to be related to a condition in your property or garden. Any faults related to your main phone socket may also incur a charge, as will issues caused by any personal devices connected to your line. You won’t be charged for faults caused by Openreach equipment.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 158

What I mean is that you need to explain what the charges are, so that I can agree them, before you charge my account.  It's normal commercial practice.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 158

Hi mackerel

You can request a refund in My Account once the credit shows on the account.

I'm not sure what you mean in regards to paying charges, we wont know if there will be any charges until an engineer attends and makes this decision.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 158

Michelle

I have a witnessed comment from the Openreach engineer that he fixed a problem at the cabinet on the street, so there is absolutely no way I should be charged.

What you are now asking is for me to pay your engineer if he lacks the ability to track down the fault.  Your recent response acknowledges that there is a problem which can only be resolved by an engineer's visit, so you have a responsibility to do that.

With the last visit I agreed to pay charges ONLY WHEN I HAD APPROVED THEM.  You ignored this and charged me £75.  I will agree to pay charges ONLY WHEN I HAVE APPROVED THEM for this next visit.

Finally, can you ask Arne to refund the wrongly charged amount - not leave it as a credit on my account.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 158

Hi again,

My colleague has checked and the fault was passed back by the engineer as no fault found, however there are no additional notes. As there are no additional notes then my colleague has advised that we can clear this specific engineer charge. This should show in your My Account in the next 24hrs.

In regards to the current connection/speed issue, we can't make the decision to send the engineer as this would have to be agreed by yourself as we have to confirm possible engineer charges as per our engineer policy. As the last fault was classed as no fault found then we need to make you aware that this would be a chargeable visit if the engineer finds no fault and the speeds test ok when the engineer visits.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 158

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 158

Hi,

My colleague Arne is just looking at this now so I'll post back shortly.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 158

Michelle

You don't seem to have read my recent note where I said "You have an obligation to sort this so I leave it to you to find the best way to resolve the multiple issues, and it is your decision whether you send an engineer".  You have already taken £75 from me for a fault accepted to be Open Reach's and I'm trying to get that money back.  It hasn't been helped by your not briefing Arne on this when you said you would.

I have spent hours and hours trying to do things which I would expect a service provider to do, and the cost of my time runs into many hundreds of pounds.  Are you going to reimburse me?

So, I repeat - it is your responsibility to take whatever steps you need to resolve this.  To me, it seems obvious that an engineer is needed, and it seems that you agree.  Please just get on and do it.

Finally, you could say you've already got the cost of engineer's time as you've already wrongly taken it from me for the last visit.

Apart from Wednesdays, I'm usually available

0 Likes