cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router webpage does not recognise router name or passwod

mackerel
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 158 of 158

I have been having recurring wifi and internet outages. I have tried to access the router, but the webpage rejects the name I had changed it to and the original name.  I am using the router password - not the wifi password.  I have just reset the router but no change.

Also, when wifi works, I can connect to an extender successfully, but NOT the router itself.

0 Likes
157 REPLIES 157

Message 41 of 158

Chris

We really need to get some resolution NOW.  Wifi speed from Fast just now was 1.6mbps download on laptop and 2.16mbps on iphone.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 158

No problem, I'll let you know when I hear anything

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 158

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 158

mackerel_2-1709814305488.png

Not a lot different from first

0 Likes

Message 45 of 158

OK thanks. I'll ask our network team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 158

mackerel_1-1709814090477.png

Looks the same unsatisfactory result to me.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 158

Could you try a couple of speed tests on fast.com and let us know who you get on

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 48 of 158

I'm using Broadband speed checker.  Results below:

12.07 - wired to laptop

12.09 - wifi to laptop

12.10 - wifi to iphone

mackerel_0-1709813629248.png

To me these results are NOT ok, no matter what your tests show.

Please find a solution to all this - without involving me.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 158

Thanks, the results look OK. The first hop is a bit high but I take it you ran the tests from a device connected by wifi?

Could I just ask, which speed tester are you using?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 50 of 158

As requested

0 Likes

Message 51 of 158

Sorry, the disconnection will have been me running a line test.

There's just nothing from our end indicating an issue, Line test is passing, sync speed is close to maximum, up and down, for LLU, connection looks pretty stable (apart from me running the line test) and the error count is zero or low single digits every hour.

Could you run a couple of pings and a couple of trace routes to www.google.co.uk and PM me the results. Please leave about 30 minutes between the test - Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 158

Since my last note wifi download at the scintillating 0.11 (that is zero point one one) mbps

0 Likes

Message 53 of 158

Since my note a few minutes ago wifi failed  and then wired connection failed.  Wifi back now at same pathetic 5mbps

0 Likes

Message 54 of 158

mackerel_0-1709807195046.png

The test at 10.21 is wired, and at 10.25 wifi.  That's the first time I've been able to get wifi for over half an hour.  The router at about 09.45 was flashing orange so obviously a failure of service.  Whenever the service gets cut it takes ages to get back to anywhere near normal - although the wifi speed above is far from normal.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 158

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing fluctuating speeds. Are you able to run a few speed tests on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 56 of 158

Chris

Open Reach engineer came on Tuesday.  Found problem outside my property and went and fixed it.  However, I am still not happy with the fluctuations I am getting in speed.  See speed checker details from laptop and iphone (both wifi).

The problem is not fixed as these fluctuations are not what I'm paying for, so what are you going to do to fix this?  I really think I should stop my direct debit as the service you provide is not as contracted.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 158

No problem. The engineer will have your contact details if they can't find your address. I've also asked them to contact you 30 minutes before the visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 58 of 158

Thanks - he may have difficulty finding us 

https://w3w.co/herb.norms.walkway

0 Likes

Message 59 of 158

I've booked the appointment for March 05 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 60 of 158

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes