cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom F@st 266 Network WiFi Extender

lpowelllap
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Does anybody know how to get hold of one of these network mesh WiFi extenders? I have been pointed towards it in a separate Community discussion, but I don’t see it offered anywhere on the TalkTalk sites and information on the web generally is extremely sparse, even on Sagemcom’s own site?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Peter240
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 34

I contacted customer services with a wifi issue over the weekend 23 - 24 Mar 24. They suggested a booster and the 266 is the one they sold me.

Set it up no problem and is working fine.

Took a line from one of the ports to my satellite box instant stability from an issue was having there and of course extended cover intuit area of the house.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 34

When I had them on trial, I did test everything I could think of!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Perfect Keith - all looks exactly as you described!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 34

No. If you go into the WiFi Mesh tab & look in the Overview sub-tab, it will show a diagram of the router & the two 266s. Depending on their locations & signal strength of the 5GHz backhaul networks, they will compute the best topology. It could be a star or a straight line. If the latter, anything connected to the 266 furthest from the router, will go via the other 266 & onto the router to access the internet. If there are any problems, just PM me a screenshot of this tab.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 34

Thank you Keith - all done. Is there any setup required to mesh with the existing extender?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 34

To add more than one 266, it is the same as the first one.

Initially position the 266 mesh node close to the router. On startup, the Power LED will go white and after a while the Signal LED will start to flash red & the Wi-Fi light is off.

At this point hold in the WPS button on the router for about 3 – 5 seconds, when released the router’s LED should start flashing orange.

Next press the WPS button on the 266 for just over about one second. The Signal light continues to flash red, but now the Wi-Fi light flashes white.

When the router has been detected by the 266, it changes state to starting the WPS connection process with this router. At this point the Signal light flashes Green & the Wi-Fi light is permanently white.

Now log into the router & under WiFi Mesh you will see both of your 266s.

Keith

Message 7 of 34

TalkTalk kindly sent me another F@st 266 mesh extender, but unfortunately without setup instructions! I can no longer find the instructions which came with my existing F@st 266 - please does anybody have instructions, particularly relating to setting up as a second extender?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Hi

You can use 'Live Chat' or the main number 0345 172 0088 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Thank you Karl - please do you have a contact number or e-Mail address for the Loyalty Team?

Best regards,

Lindsay

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi

We cannot issue these FOC however if you speak with our customer Loyalty Teams they have many deals at their disposal and can discuss options with you,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi Michelle - no, I haven’t done that. It would be nice if my long standing loyalty to TT could be rewarded with an additional FOC extender?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Hi Lindsay

Can I just check, have you contacted our Loyalty Team to see if they can send this out for you?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Hi Michelle - thank you for replying. Please can you advise what the cost would be for an additional mesh extender? Presumably it would be the identical Sagemcom F@st266 model?

Best regards,

Lindsay

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hello,

We can order another wireless adapter for you but this would be chargeable. Please let us know if you would like us to order one for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

lpowelllap
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 34

The Sagemcom FAST266 mesh extender has worked very well in our particular property spread over four floors, with the router at the master socket on the ground floor and the extender placed centrally on the second floor (through trial and error this has proved to be the best compromise with a single extender). Compared with our previous powerline extender it is  a vast improvement!

The extremities of the network on the fourth floor can still be a little patchy - I was wondering how I could go about getting hold of another FAST266 to extend the mesh and reinforce the whole of our WiFi network across the whole property?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Good morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

Really sorry - just seen this! The 266 extender has made a massive difference compared with our previous powerline extender. The connection is much more stable and faster, with only very occasional/brief dropouts. It seems to be a much better solution for our particular house size and layout. So much so that I’d like to try and get another one to fill in the signal gaps in the extremities (we’re spread over four floors with the router at the BT master socket at ground floor level).

Based on our experiences, I would recommend this device.

0 Likes

Shezil64
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 34

Give them a call and tell them your WiFi doesn't reach all your rooms and they will send you one for free.

0 Likes

threefins
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 34

Hi @KeithFrench 

Thank you for the guidance. I’ll go ahead and do that😊

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 34

I can offer a lot of support on the FAST266however, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button. Then please @mention me into that thread.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith

0 Likes