cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom F@st 266 Network WiFi Extender

lpowelllap
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Does anybody know how to get hold of one of these network mesh WiFi extenders? I have been pointed towards it in a separate Community discussion, but I don’t see it offered anywhere on the TalkTalk sites and information on the web generally is extremely sparse, even on Sagemcom’s own site?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

threefins
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 34

Hi @lpowelllap 

How is your experience with the FAST266 Extender? Has it made any discernible improvement wrt range? I’m struggling to achieve a stable connection to an EV and EV charger, both are situated approximately 11 metres from my TT Sagecom FAST router, albeit there are a couple of internal walls to negotiate, one stud, one block and the house exterior wall/front door. I have a Cat 6 terminal approximately equidistant to router and EV/EV charger which I hoped to connect a second TT Sagecom router but hadn’t realised modem only/bridge mode wasn’t possible. Hence my interest in your ‘extender’ experience.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 34

Hi @lpowelllap 

Log into the router, go into Advanced, then go into either the 2.4 or 5Ghz Wi-fi setup. In there is a WiFi Mesh tab (needs firmware version 158 minimum).  In the sub tabs is the Mesh specific stuff. Particularly go to the Devices tab, recognise each device

of yours by its MAC address and rename it to something meaningful.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Thanks Keith - I connected it to the hub as per the instructions and then placed it in a central location in our home after checking that the indicator lights were as required (white-green-white). I assume there’s not much more to it than that?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 34

Hi @lpowelllap 

If you have any problems or questions about the 266 as a mesh, just let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 25 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

lpowelllap
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 34

F@st 266 extender arrived today - excellent service from TalkTalk after only ordering yesterday. Very quick and easy to set up.

Initial impressions are fairly neutral - hard to say at this stage whether it’s any better or worse than the previous TalkTalk powerlink extender, but I’ll give it a few days and see how things go……

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 34

Ring the direct number for them:-

0345 1725157

Keith

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Thanks Keith. I can’t find any contact details for a ‘Loyalty Department’ as such? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 34

The Sagemcom FAST266 WiFi booster is available. I think if you contact the Loyalty department, you can buy one from there.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Does it make any difference how close the device is to the router?

Chris

0 Likes

lpowelllap
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 34

Generally it’s OK, but I have occasional speed issues and incidences of high ping and jitter which appear to be directly connected with the lower speeds. I already have a plug-in TalkTalk powerline extender, but I am told that a mesh extender such as the F@st 266 would likely give better results?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 32 of 34

Hi Ipowelllap,

Are you experiencing problems with wifi coverage in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 34

Hi @lpowelllap not sure if they are still available, but the team here will advise when they return on Monday 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes