cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SECOND WIFI EXTENDER NOT PAIRING

jecobdruv
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I have had a Network Connector & WIFI Extender (DHP-W610AV) for a while and they work fine. I am trying to add a second WIFI Extender and trying to pair it with the same Network Connector. Unfortunately, it does not pair. I have tried everything from the setup and troubleshooting sections of the manual but to no avail. There was also something about going to http:/dlinkapXXXX.local./ but there is no access to the website! I have run out of options and don't know what to do. Kindly provide advice. Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

I think by pairing them initially you may be preventing a 3rd bring added. Searching google seems to suggest this.

I'm not familiar with your extenders, but mine plug and connect.

Search on the plugs for a reset button. This will normally be a pinhole. With the plugs plugged into the mains, insert a pin until they reboot. I'd suggest removing the cables from them first.

Then connect the router plug first, then your existing plug to the device you use. Hopefully they will connect without the need to pair them.

If that works, then plug your 3rd one in and connect to your device.

Hope this works.

for info, my plugs work and I have 4 remote ones connected around the house without having paired any of them.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes