cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router broken and refuse to replace!

Mjohnson1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

So my router is broken, how do I know, I can not even see the wifi network, which does not require even a phone line to be connected to see! 
so why is it talktalk are insisting on trying to find any other fault, either for other the BT line or sending a third party engineer to test the hose before they will even TRY and diagnose the issue with the router.

I work from home, and you are going to leave me without internet for over a week so an engineer can visit to test a line that doesn’t even need to be working for a wifi network to be present from the router and getting me to agree to have to pay this engineer £50 if he finds any fault (even if the router is also faulty).

This is the last, and to be fair only, straw for me to leave as soon as possible now. To leave me without internet for over a week as they refuse to acknowledge the fault with the router. The chat even agreed that if the router was working you would be able to see the network, but still won’t replace it without a visit.

beyond acceptable. 
if the fault is obvious why will you not just fix it and get me back online. I now will have to go and buy a router to get me online, or loose money from missed work. 

M J
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Mjohnson1

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi Mjohnson1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement router for you on the Community, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes