cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom FAST5364 making a ticking sound

Cutie
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi all! I've had a Sagemcom FAST5364 Router for about or at least a year now, but have recently noticed it's making a faint tick/click sound every two seconds, I found a post here regarding this in which it was said it isn't normal, it was however not determined whether it was a sign of impending failure or overheating, does anyone know or has had the same Router doing the same thing for a significant time without any problems?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Debbie, Ok, will do. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Cutie

I've checked mine but I can't hear any ticking sounds.

If this sound does become any louder then please let us know.

Thanks again

Debbie 🙂

Message 3 of 16

No, I'm not very worried now I know other people have experienced the same sound without issues and a new one does it also. I just initially feared a failure or fire risk but I'm more at ease now, Thanks for your time regarding this.

Message 4 of 16

Hi Cutie

Thanks for your reply.

I will have a listen to mine tonight to see if it makes any noise and let you know.

If the sound is very faint and can't be heard over other sounds, then I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks

Message 5 of 16

No, it's plugged in to an extension lead with 3 other devices, the sound is very faint, you would have to be very close to the router with no background noise to hear it.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Debbie, It's located in the living room closest to the phone socket, the sound is very faint, you would have to be very close to the router with no background noise to hear it, it could've been doing it since I had it but I only just recently noticed when I was close to it at some point during the night when everything else was quiet.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Cutie

Thanks for your reply.

I've also not experienced this issue with the Sagemcom hub.

Where is the router located?

Message 8 of 16

That is curious. I have been using Sagemcom routers from TalkTalk over many years and have never noticed this. And trust me I am aurally acuitive enough for that to have bothered me! Perhaps you and the teardown guy have been unlucky? Are you plugging the unit into a single isolated power socket? 

Message 9 of 16

Hi Debbie, Received the new Router but it also makes the same sound, I think it may just be a trait of this particular Router as I've found the issue is also mentioned in the article linked below, my Husband has emailed Sagemcom to see what they have to say about it.

https://rhyslolly.com/2020/12/10/talktalk-wifi-hub-sagemcom-fst-5364-review-test-and-tear-down/ 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Cutie

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

Message 11 of 16

Message 12 of 16

Many thanks Debbie. 🙂

Message 13 of 16

Hi Cutie

Thanks for your reply. My router doesn't make this sound so I think we should send the replacement.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Message 14 of 16

Hi Debbie, Thanks for your reply, If it's definitely abnormal for this particular Router to make this noise then I think a replacement might be best, Thank You. 🙂

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Cutie

I can send you a replacement router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks