cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow service, can't complete line test.

sparrowsonthelawn
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hiya! Having trouble completing a line test, says to enter mobile number but nowhere to do that? Speed to router was identified as slow.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

Thank you. The line test is still detecting a potential no dial tone fault. Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes just to confirm or rule this out as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection and would need to be investigated first.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hiya! I've put the router back into the test socket for you and it's connected.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

Ok, would it be possible to keep the router connected at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hello! Don't have a landline phone I'm afraid but did put the router into the test socket and there's already an immense increase in speed! 

What should I do next? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket inside it then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

sparrowsonthelawn
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hiya! Hope this might be of some help? Have no idea what I'm going! 

Has actually got a little better than what I recorded earlier.

Screenshot_20221120-183029.pngScreenshot_20221120-183041.png
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @sparrowsonthelawn,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your ‘Estimated Speed’ and your ‘Measured Speed’. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to that ‘Measured Speed’.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes