cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SagenCom Fast 5364 Latest Firmware version

Binny
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I just installed a new SagenCom router, supplied by TalkTalk, replacing a Huawei router.  Although the SagenCom is supposed to be the latest and greatest, it currently has less functionality than the Huawei and is very buggy.  This makes me think I am on a very old firmware version, currently SG4K100174.

Can you tell me the latest version, and how do I go about getting it.

thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

I think that is a new feature that has not yet been implemented.

I have produced them for just about every TalkTalk product, except for the TV stuff. I will PM it to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Under the list of reserved ip addresses is a ‘DHCP Leases’ section.  This has ‘no devices connected’.

Yes, please, can I have your manual.  I thought your manual offer was for the old Huawei router, so a Sagencom one would be great.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

I have seen no issues with Reserved IP addresses at all. Where you set up a static IP address on a device itself, that IP address must be outside of your DHCP server's IP address pool.

I am not sure what you mean by " the dhcp section has a box of ‘allocated IPs’. But the list is empty."

Didn't I offer you a manual of mine?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Keith,

I have been spending some time with the Sagencom router and had a few problems, and a few questions.

1) Problem. Reserved IP’s.  I set up one, left it for a couple of days, the device picked up the reserved ip - great. I added another 3, went off to look at a couple of other things, came back and the 3 I had just added had disappeared.  Have you seen this?
2) Problem. the dhcp section has a box of ‘allocated IPs’. But the list is empty. I have at least 25 devices live.  I would like to know what devices are live on the system (already available) and what devices have been on the system but not currently live.  I assume this list is supposed to show it. I assume it’s a known bug.

3). Advice.  I have some static ip addresses, I assume it’s a good idea to also set them up as dhcp reserved, would you do this? 
4) I did have a problem with not being able to reset the admin password, but tried it again a day later and it worked ok…..

Intermittent problems and lack of a manual just makes me feel uncomfortable with Sagencom.

Thanks for any feedback

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Binny 

@Debbie-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. The WiFi mesh tab is not applicable unless you have the F266 Wi-fi booster as well. I can't remember from your other threads if you have one or not

I can't test the router with any Apple devices as I do not have any. Please can you send me screenshots of this problem?

Please can you tell me what features that you are referring to when using Windows?

Keith

Message 6 of 10

Message 7 of 10

Well, I was trying to do the admin with an iPad.  Well, it just does not work on an iPad, lots of problems, keeps resetting, forms and parts of missing…..  I am guessing this is well known.  

Moving onto using windows. Ok much more usable. Still seeing problems and lots of features unclear how they are supposed to work, a manual would be really nice.

Anyone know how the mesh WiFi mode is supposed to be configured?  It looks like it’s working but with   20 ish devices connecting via WiFi, but the router only sees only one, the rest look like they are hard wired via Ethernet.  I assume this is a mesh config issue.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi @Binny 

I've updated your router firmware to the latest version.

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Binny your actually on the latest released firmware, but as always I'm sure newer versions are in development.

Which bugs are you spotting?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.