cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Set TCP and UDP ports on sagemcom

dannyandsuzie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I currently am having some issues with Amazon Alexa and have been asked to change some router settings by Amazon.

1) the first is related to client isolation setting.

I do not believe this is an option on talk talk routers so a red herring and we can ignore this request.

2) The second is i have been told to set TCP ports 55442, 55443 open to traffic on your Local Area Network (LAN). They do not need to be opened to the general internet.
We also require UDP port 55444 to be open on the Local Area Network. 

how do I set tcp ports and up on the sagemcom router? 

thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

You have no choice, all devices, wired or WiFi will be on the same subnet as the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

dannyandsuzie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

So can you confirm how or if it’s possible to have to consider them on the same subnet so that they can communicate with each other also.

can you tell me how to do this? 
for now I’ve just disabled the 5G bandwidth completely to prove the point

0 Likes

dannyandsuzie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith. I knew it wouldn’t solve anything but at least I can say I’ve done this part now. I have a group with a subwoofer and that appears to be the issue. So an Amazon issue but I have to go through the process with them and rule these things out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you do not need these ports open for incoming connections from the internet, then no port forwarding will help. All ports should work fine across the local LAN.

However, where Alexa devices are concerned & particular the IoT devices that you may want them to control, is that those devices often only work on the older 2.4GHz WiFi band and despite the fact that any device on the 5GHz or Ethernet can communicate with the 2.4GHz devices, there can be a problem with the apps you use. Some of these have a bug in them which means that you must have the device running the app connected to the 2.4GHz band.

To achieve this, you will have to split the SSID (WiFi network names) into different names for each band, perhaps adding "_5G" without the quotes to the 5GHz SSID. In the Sagemcom, go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon > Basic

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes