cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sign in required error after broadband homme morve

Tc6f4
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

We've recently moved house. 

A month ago I contacted talktalk and placed an order for our fibre 65 service to be moved from the old address to the new one. 

I'm at the new address now and although the router has a solid white light, and in the admin gui reports it is connected to the Internet, none of my devices can see the Internet. The error is "this network requires authentication" similar to when you connect to a hotel hot-spot. However when you click to connect you are taken to a page that fails to load. I've tried factory resetting the router and it made no difference. 

My account information states that my order is "delayed" but there is no information on what's being done (if anything) to resolve it. 

Can someone from talktalk advise on the timescale that this will be fixed? I need the connection to work from home. 

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

I will check on this if no service was provided you only start getting billed from the go live date.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hello, yes the service is now working thanks.

However I think the information in my account dashboard needs updating. It still shows a pending cancellation request. 

Also, it was agreed with the agents I would not be billed for the days I was without service (from 7th April to 19th April) and would receive a free month as compensation for the inconvenience. My "next bill" information does not reflect this though, and is using pricing from the old (now cancelled) contract and not the new one for the new address. Could this all be updated please?

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi @Tc6f4

The order has been completed can you confirm that the service is live now? 

Message 4 of 15

Thanks, can you confirm when it is for? What date has an engineer been booked to activate the service at my new address?

I just went through live chat and the agents there are insisting that I have to wait for the order to be cancelled (which may take up to 5-7 days) and then I must manually place a new order for a new contract.

This conflicts with the advice you're giving me that this isn't necessary? Given that my account is showing that my package is being cancelled on 19/04, is any action required by me to get the new service up and running, and if not when will the new line be activated?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi @Tc6f4

Just to confirm, You do not have to place a new order, there is already one for your new property.

Message 6 of 15

Also, will it be necessary for me to place a new order? The agents I spoke with on the chat at the weekend said I would need to contact them again to place a new order for my new address? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thanks, the date it mentions is 19/4/2022.

Does this mean the service at my new address will not be activated until the 20th?

I've now been without any service at all for 1 week, if its not activated by the 20th that'll be 2 weeks. Can talktalk provide any compensation for the inconvenience? I placed the order a month in advance and communications I received indicated everything was on track until the day of the move itself. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

The notification will be for the old address, i will confirm this once I get a reply from the provisioning team.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

My account dashboard is now showing that my fibre65 package is being cancelled from 19/04. I've been sent an email asking me to please reconsider leaving and to speak to someone about possible options. 

Is this expected, or are two teams working at cross purposes now? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Thanks for picking this up, if this is the case please don't cancel the order, and please do let me know when you have information from openreach on when the necessary work on their side will be done.

Also, will my billing be adjusted so that I am only charged on my old contract up to the date I ordered the line to cease (5th April) and only charged for the new contract from the date the line actually goes live? 

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi @Tc6f4

Sorry that you are having problems

I don't think cancelling is required,  I will as our provisioning team to look into this, the transfer was supposed to be completed on the 7th, but the order is delayed at Openreach's side. 

Will let you know when I get a reply. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

A bit disappointed that it requires going through the rigmarole of starting again with a new order, when it seems like this is a technical issue. Surely all it requires is ordering an openreach engineer to go to the cabinet to disconnect the line at my old address and then presumably it would then be possible to activate the line at my new address properly.

Can someone from talktalk (on Monday) confirm that this taking out a new order plan is the right approach. I'm a bit annoyed since I placed the initial order over a month ago, and now it looks like I'm going to be at least a week or longer without service. 

0 Likes

Tc6f4
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Spent almost 2 hours on Web chat with talk talk this morning.

Eventually (after being passed to 4 different agents from different departments) they decided that the best way to fix the problem was to cancel the existing home move order, and then issue a new one. (my line is supposedly still active at my old address). However the team that can cancel the order doesn't work Saturdays. So I'll be waiting till Monday, then presumably another few days for a new order to go through.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Sadly, staff are usually only on here Monday to Friday, @Tc6f4.

Phone help is available on 03451 720088 from 9am to 6pm on Saturday (not Sunday).

Chat will be live again at 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.