cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to login to admin interface of Talk Talk router

samhealy2
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Hello, I am unable to access the admin interface of my router using the default Router Username and Router Password printed on the back of the router. The username and password have not been changed since I received the router.

I have already done a hard reset, and I am using the ROUTER username and password, NOT the Wi-Fi username and password.

I have tried multiple times to rule out typos etc., so the credentials printed on the back of the unit are not valid. Is there any way to get valid credentials, and if not, how do I arrange for a new router? 

Many thanks,

Sam

Router device version: FAST 5364-4.T8

S/N: N7212158E004509

P.S. Just to reiterate, I have tried the ROUTER username and password, not the Wi-Fi username and password, and I have also hard reset the unit.

Sam
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi samhealy2,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Debbie, done.

Sam
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

@samhealy2 By adding your account number to your biography you have made it available to all on the community, I suggest you remove it straightaway. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi samhealy2

Please can you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Debbie, I've added my account number in the 'biography' section of my Community Profile, as I didn't see anywhere specific I could add it.

Sam
0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi samhealy2

Please can you add your TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile, please don't post any personal information on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 7 of 15

Hi Debbie, I haven't had a landline number for years; is there another way I can authenticate? My account number is 

Sam
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Sam

Sorry for the delay.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 15

Hi Sam

Yes, it's unusual for the admin login not to work but TalkTalk Support will pick this topic up and do a swap out of the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub for you if they cannot get it to work either.

Support will probably try to connect to the Hub so leave it powered and connected please ready for tomorrow anytime from 6.30 onwards as the team do start early most weekdays.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Gondola, reset again (confirming that it took by the changing flashing rate of the LED on the front), tried again in multiple browsers. No joy unfortunately. Is my only option to request a new router?

Sam
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Sam

I agree that you've got the Username and Password correct:

Router Username: admin
Router Password: UPKYP39N

I'd power the Hub and try the pinhole reset again. Bear in mind that you gently push the paperclip in until you feel/hear a click and hold it there in the clicked position for 30 seconds. Wait for the Hub to fully restart.

Double check that your keyboard is giving the expected input by testing with notepad. Clear the browser cache just in case it's presenting old credentials (or use a different browser) and then retry the 192.168.1.1 admin page and retry the Username and Password.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Gondola, thanks for your reply.

As mentioned, I have already factory-reset the router but the problem persists.

Please note that I have *already tried* the router username and password (admin and UPKYP39N) at the router admin IP (192.168.1.1) and they are not working. Thanks again, - Sam

3879476A-1183-4641-BB80-F43803FAF1B5.jpeg

Sam
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

@samhealy2 There is a removable tab on the back of the router. Behind that you will see - in tiny writing - the router username, which is "admin," and the password which is unique to the router. If that doesn't work then you may have been sent a recycled router where the previous user has changed these. This shouldn't happen, but in that case do a pinhole reset on the router and try again.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Hi samhealy2 

Take a high quality photo of the Wi-Fi Hub labelling and upload here using the Camera icon or picture icon if using a mobile browser and we'll advise on the login credentials.

For the Wi-Fi Hub reset have you held the paperclip in the reset hole for 30 seconds?

Restore your Hub to factory settings

0 Likes