cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow Broadband

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Good Morning,

Normally we get a download speed of 2-3mbps via a wired connection, but for the last few days we’ve been around 1mbps. Tests are from the master socket, with no other appliances connected and all sockets have filters. The landline is working fine.

I’ve attached a picture of the speed to the router which might suggest a line issue. 

Last time someone optimised the line for us which shot the speed up to 3.5mbps (which is amazing for our location), and then it settles around 2.5mbps again.

Would it be possible to reset the line again please?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

IMG_0108.jpeg
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Richard,

I'm glad to hear this. We'll check back in with you on Friday just to make sure that your speeds have remained consistent.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Cheers Chris, that’s gone up again now.

All the best,

Richard

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK, I've started the optimisation process, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

No problem Richard, I'll do it now

Chris

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

Hi Chris,

Yes please, I think until we get an infrastructure upgrade this might be the best bet every couple of months. 

Appreciate the help as always. 

All the best,

Richard

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry, there isn't really any way to stop DLM changing your profile if the error count is high. High errors do cause performance issue though so it usually better to be a slower profile with fewer errors

Would you like me to reset DLM and restart the optimisation process?

Chris

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your reply. To be honest we don’t have a phone plugged in usually but it worked fine the other day when I was testing everything. Is there any way to stay on a faster profile even with the errors without DLM moving us off? The 1mbps is a bit hard to live with and the 2.5mbps were we getting always seemed pretty consistent as an end user. 

Thanks,

Richard

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Richard,

it looks as though the line management system (DLM) has moved you to a slower profile because the error count has been high on faster profiles. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

OK, thanks for confirming that. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Richard_Whitney
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi Keith,

Sorry I meant test socket, but yes same speed there too. 

Richard

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

What happens if you connect the router via a new or known good filter to the test socket located behind the master socket's removable face plate? That will rule out any issues with that faceplate or your sockets & internal wiring.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes