cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow broadband speed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 8

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

OK thank. If you'd like to discuss leaving you'll need to speak to our loyalty team, contact details are in help article I linked to earlier. 

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit to investigate please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

If you've already tried that then it's fine, you don't need to do it again. Are you able to run a speed test on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable rather than wifi?

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi SLOWLINK,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds. Line test is passing and router is in sync at 35Mbps. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and check the speed again

(I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving but if you do want to go ahead and cancel your service please see the following help article - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support)

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@Anonymous, it would normally require much more time to resolve than this before they consider waiving exit fees.

Cancellation of service cannot be done through the forum.

Phone 03451 720088 to discuss this, or wait for staff to reach this thread.

They may be able to get to the bottom of the speeds issue. 

They reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Any notification email you receive from the forum will be from a No Reply address, so always post back on here in reply.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes