cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow line speed - help needed by a grownup

Reedy3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Here's hoping TT engineers are still reading these forums...

We've had slow broadband for about 3 weeks now.  One night the router had crashed and when I restarted it we were down to 30Mb/s.  Now at 25Mb/s.  This is the reported speed on the router and a wired download test confirms this.

I have been through support a few times and even with the router connected to the master socket's test port, the situation is the same.  Line has been re-checked and reset.  Nothing has helped.

I notice that OpenReach have been pulling fibre right outside my house...

Where can we sensibly go from here?  This is either the router or the line.  If I go through support and they tell me they've changed the wifi channel to improve congestion again, I may scream...

Ian

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

One of our line tests is showing a possible fault and the next option is to arrange an engineer.  I'll drop you a PM with some details to confirm.  Please note however, with the Bank Holidays we may not be able to secure an engineer visit until Monday.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Reedy3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

The new router has been up for 6 days now and still running at 25Mb/s.  At least it hasn't dropped any further.

Currently, the router is on a phone extension but previously we had the old router connected to the master's test socket's test for 2-3 days and the speed was 25Mb/s - which, if I understand correctly, eliminates problems in the house.

The last time I tried it, TT's line checker didn't show any problems with the line and suggested it could be something in the house, but see above...

Not sure where we go from here.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Test for a day or two when the new router arrives and let me know how things are.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Reedy3
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Karl - much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

i'll get a replacement router out to you so this can be ruled out.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes