cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow speeds

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

I have a Fibre 65 package and am not getting the guaranteed minimum speed of 56. I was on a chat for 80 minutes this morning while they did some diagnostics and was told it had been sorted but it has made no difference whatsoever as I've since done another speed test. I'm not even convinced it has ever reached the guaranteed speed since I took out the contract but have never followed it up. 

It's also nigh on impossible to find a link to live chat on the TalkTalk website. I found it completely by accident this morning but can't find it again.

I left Talktalk in 2020 due to the poor service but thought I'd give you a 2nd chance but I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered. Will someone please help asap.

Thanks 

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Hi heather_b

Thanks for your reply.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 22 of 35

Hi Michelle. No we don't have an alternative router sorry. Thanks

Message 23 of 35

Hello,

I've re-checked the connection stats again now and the sync speed hasn't increased any further. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

Hello,

I'll check the speed again tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 25 of 35

OK thanks 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

Hi,

It can take up to 48hrs for DLM to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable. If there is still no improvement then the next step will be to test with an alternative router.

Thanks

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 27 of 35

Hi. There has been no crackling on the line in the last day or so but that's not unusual as it's intermittent however the download speed is still below what it should be.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

Morning,

Thank you and we will check back in with you tomorrow.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 29 of 35

OK thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

Hi

All usual tests are clear, but any noise or crackles on the landline can affect the broadband and cause the speed to drop.

Now the equipment is at the test socket, monitor and see if the line crackles over the next 24hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 31 of 35

Hi yes there is sometimes crackling on the line and I can't always hear the other person when they answer due to the crackling. Have plugged the microfilter to the test socket instead. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

Hi,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the connection has been unstable and the sync speed has also been varying. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket so we can re-check the connection stats again please?

Thanks

0 Likes

heather_b
Participant
Private Message
Message 33 of 35

Updated. Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 35

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes