cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SG4K10002816t FAST5364 update needed

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 49 of 49

The talktalk dashboard on the status page shows an update is required.

I also lost 20 Mbits download speed today at about noon.

I have tried restarting this afternoon since then and gained 10 Mbits but will not gain anymore.

Please push the update and see if this improves the speeds as well.

DLM kicked in overnight and increased to 61.2Mbps but then at noon today about ten hours later the speed dropped down.

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 1 of 49

Hi GarethRossUK

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 49

Some good news on Friday morning after four days since changing back to the previous router I restarted the router and then switched off for twenty minutes and the speed has improved to 50Mbps I don't know why that did not happen on it's own and what has taken it so long to improve.

I will do the same again in another three days to see if further improvement takes place.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 49

Hi GarethRoss,

I can't really see any reason why DLM wouldn't move you to a faster profile, your connection looks stable with a low error count, Just let us know when you're available for the engineer visit and we'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 49

Hi, I've still got the problem with speeds but I am waiting for my next hospital appointment to pass before I want to request the engineer visit.

DLM is still stuck I tried switching off again over four days ago and a restart and it has not done anything for four days isn't DLM supposed to act after two days? I am really considering switching back over to the previous router as I've seen no benefits with the new one and if anything the new one seems problematic I've noticed higher ping and sometimes it will not display connected when loading the dashboard even though the connection is working. That and the DLM isn't doing anything I've got a stable connection always have which is why I had the 65Mbps link until the local outages of power and network that impacted the area.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 49

Hi GarethRossUK,

We can usually get an appointment next working day or the day after. Regarding Covid protocols, as far as we are aware Openreach are back to business as usual but I would think that the engineer will carry a mask and wear it if requested to do so by the customer but I don't know this for certain

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 49

What covid protocols are in place when they visit and what appointments are available please?

I had a look at one more possible factor this morning the cable linking the router to the splitter as the cable installed is about fifteen years old so I tried the new cable that was delivered with the router and that made no difference. I see the sync speed remained the same but the speed tests have now fallen under 30Mbps.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 49

It would be an engineer visit to your home

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 49

Would that be to the exchange or the nearest FTTC site?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 49

DLM should still change your profile even if there is some network activity. We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate as your speed has dropped but your speed is still above the guaranteed minimum and line tests are passing

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 49

It has been three days since DLM last acted, nothing changed overnight since the last DLM action.

I am concerned why one power cut and one network outage could cause us to loose 20Mbps. Our fibre 65 was being met to the max speeds sold until those two outages that were impacting the local area.

I know the DLM was not doing what it should have because in many cases the DLM was only doing something overnight every seven days. Unless it is because it sees network activity overnight and won't perform it's job correctly until the usage is not detected?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 49

Line tests are passing and your speeds are above the guaranteed minimum. I'd suggest leaving it over the weekend and we'll see if DLM makes any further changes

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 49

39.98Mbps

As for a power cut we use a Belkin surge protector and always have done which reduces the chance of damages.

That and we've used three routers in the last week that includes the new one delivered to us and the previous two. So it won't be that now either.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 49

The power cut could have potential damaged the router but if you've tested with a second router that will rule that out. What are your throughput speeds like at the moment (speed test results)?

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 49

No noise on the line all, that is fine. It's all as it was no changes, it's only been triggered by the local outage and power cut it was great before those two events.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 49

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 49

The setup is and was the same as it was when we had 65Mbps before the power cut and local area outages occured.

We only have the phone phone connected to the 5C Openreach filter nothing was alterted other than the test socket I was asked to connect to which I have since returned to using the 5C Openreach filter.

Only the one telephone socket nothing extra connected outside the one router and one telephone.

I really can not see what in the house would have caused this loss when the loss occured after the two outages that impacted the local area.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 49

DLM did change your profile. Could I just ask how many telephone sockets you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 49

Overnight it changed and it is worse, what is happening here?  :

DSL synchronization status:Up
Connection status:Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):16998
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):43617
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):17301
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):55116
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.2
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.7
Line standard:Vdsl2_ANNEX_B
Upstream line attenuation (dB):5.3
Downstream line attenuation (dB):14.7
Upstream output power (dBm):7.6
Downstream output power (dBm):13.7
DSL up time:0 day 7 hours 32 minutes 43 seconds
0 Likes

Message 19 of 49

OK thanks, it seems to usually be 48 hours before it makes any change then it will monitor again for 48 hours before making further changes. The other thing to bare in mind is that it only usually makes changes in the early hours of the morning to minimize disruption, so it will probably make any change in the early hours of Saturday morning if 48 hours are up tomorrow afternoon

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 49

The 48 hour mark will be at about 5pm tomorrow afternoon.

0 Likes