cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

SG4K10002816t FAST5364 update needed

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 49 of 49

The talktalk dashboard on the status page shows an update is required.

I also lost 20 Mbits download speed today at about noon.

I have tried restarting this afternoon since then and gained 10 Mbits but will not gain anymore.

Please push the update and see if this improves the speeds as well.

DLM kicked in overnight and increased to 61.2Mbps but then at noon today about ten hours later the speed dropped down.

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 21 of 49

Hello,

Just to confirm, how long has the new router been connected for as it can take DLM between 24-48hrs to adjust the speeds if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 49

I am speed testing at 39.9 Mbps before a 20 minute shutdown just over 32Mbps. This is still unresolved by the new router. Will DLM do anything soon?

DSL synchronization status:Up
Connection status:Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):17000
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):45891
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):17644
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):52904
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.2
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):5.8
Line standard:Vdsl2_ANNEX_B
Upstream line attenuation (dB):5.3
Downstream line attenuation (dB):14.8
Upstream output power (dBm):7.6
Downstream output power (dBm):10.4
0 Likes

Message 23 of 49

OK thanks, just send one of the other router back then, that should be fine

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 24 of 49

I have a 5634 and a 3782 models here don't see HG633 I remember having had that in the past but don't remember how long ago. I think that might have been sent back in the distant past.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 49

Are you sure that's a HG633?

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 26 of 49

I have the HG633 but the serial number I have here ends with 0423.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 49

That's an Huawei HG633, do you no longer have it?

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 28 of 49

first four C4R8 and last four are 9420

I've checked both that we have here and this does not match up.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 49

Hi Gareth,

What are the last 4 numbers of the serial number of the device that you've been asked to send back

Chris

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 30 of 49

I got an email today asking to return something, but the serial number for what it is asking to be sent back does not match any of the router we have. I have checked both our router models that were tested during this thread and neither of those match the serial number it is requesting to be sent back.

This is worrying as it talks about a £50 charge if we do not, but how can we return what we do not have? Unless what is being sent to us is setup as a loaner for testing only which provides a one month window to test if that is the case.

Please explain what is happening.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 49

Hi

This will usually be sent via courier so should arrive in the next 24-48 hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 32 of 49

Sounds brilliant thank you reading great things about this one to test.

How will I know when it's coming please? Do royal mail send an email when it's on its way?

0 Likes

Message 33 of 49

Hi

I'm sending a Huawei Hub to see if this will give a better result before we take this forward to Openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 34 of 49

It's even worse now switched to the test socket and back to the newest model router.

DownstreamUpstreamActual Rate [Kbps]3196016976Maximum Rate [Kbps]3115616976Noise Margin [dB]0.006.00Attenuation [dB]22.600.00Power [dBm]12.407.60

0 Likes

Message 35 of 49

Hi,

Yes, the test socket should be located under the faceplate. Apologies for the confusion, please can you use the newest router that you have first.

Thanks

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 36 of 49

Where do I find the test socket? Is that under the 5C plate? I think it is but I want to be certain. 

Also is that the router with the six year old firmware you want to use with the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 37 of 49

Hello,

Ok, would it be possible to connect the current router, microfilter and phone at the test socket so we can see if DLM makes any changes in this set up please?

Thanks

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 49

Why hasn't DLM done anything? 

I have the master socket 5c plate that was fitted by an engineer a few years ago. 

I do have another router available 

Speeds worse on that d link router.

v1.08t

Dec 1 2016-11:33:53

That's what I'm on

DSL 3782 d link

0 Likes

Message 39 of 49

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has still not increased. Does the main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 40 of 49

Just to check at 10am today the 48 hours is over and can I try switching it off for twenty minutes sometime today?

0 Likes