cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sonos issue

Pjay1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I have 2 Sonos speakers that keep disappearing from the app been told by customer service that I need to split the bands and connect them to 2 .4 ghz is this possible and what effect will it have on all other devices I have a sagecom fast 5364 thanks

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Pjay1

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Hi @Pjay1 

That is great, I hope it lasts. If you do need my help, just post back on here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 16

Hi Debbie I’ve just been waiting a few days to see if the speakers disappear from the app at all since you turned off the optimisation and so far it’s all working great! When I look in the settings of the Sonos app I can see all the speakers are connecting to channel 1 on 2.4 ghz every time so far which I believe is what they should be doing. A BIG THANKYOU to you and Keith especially for replying so quick.I’ve had this problem for months and didn’t think it would get sorted if it does go wrong I will get in touch for the extra help Keith was offering if that’s ok cheers pjay1 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 16

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I am waiting to see if @Pjay1 wants to proceed with my offer of help. He did say that he wanted to see how it performs first, now that you had disabled WiFi optimisation

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 6 of 16

Hi Pjay1

How are you getting on, how's the connection been?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Thanks for turning it off it will take a few days to see if Sonos stays connected fingers crossed I’ll let you know cheers pjay1

Message 9 of 16

Hi Pjay1

Thank you 🙂

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi debbie I have added my name and number I think cheers pjay1

Message 11 of 16

Hi Pjay1

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then switch the WIFI optimisation off.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Pjay1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Great thanks I’ll wait to hear👍

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

No problem, however, there is no point in doing anything until after WiFi Optimisation has been disabled, then I'll send you the guide. I'll make sure that TalkTalk know about this for their return tomorrow.

Keith

Pjay1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Thanks for replying I have 2era 100 Sonos speakers that keep disappearing from the app I also have a beam sound bar and another 2 era 100 set as surrounds and they work fine the router is in the same room as the sound bar and surrounds the 2 that disappear are in the next room. I would like talk talk to disable wi fi optimisation . If that happens Keith could you send me the guide for diagnosing problems so we can make some changes and hopefully sort this annoying problem cheers Pete.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

I have had experience with these speakers before, which model do you have? The problem is normally caused by WiFi interference, unlike what you have been told.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364/5464 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith