cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Speed & Stability

wgcuser
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

@Arne-TalkTalk

I notice that my contract is coming up for renewal in December 2022.

I also noticed that the speed of my Fibre 35 connection has halved from 38 Mbps in 2019/20 to 18 - 20Mbps today!

I have used the various tools that TalkTalk provide and these report "Suspect issue with Broadband" - no kidding! Recently my Sagemcom Fast 5364 hub has required several re-boots.

I've contacted support, who tested the line and find no faults(!) -but then in the Time Line say that there is a problem!!

IMHO - Loyalty is a two way thing - I'm prepared to be loyal to TalkTalk, BUT are TalkTalk prepared to return my speed and service quality to what it was in 2019/2020?

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

OK thanks. The line test is picking up a loop fault which is often caused by equipment or internal wiring in the home. Could you try connecting your telephone to the test socket (behind the master socket face plate) and check to see if you can still hear the noise

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@Chris-TalkTalk 

My router Fast 5364, is located in an upstairs bedroom on an extension socket. It is cable connected to the main BT socket at the foot of the stairs where the house phone 'lives'. This is the setup which has existed unaltered since 2000. It is the same setup that an Open Reach Engineer measured a line speed of about 38Mbps in 2019 when he came to fix a problem which prevented my switch to Fibre 35 working correctly - It required a visit to a box(?)/exchange(?) located in the street.

My reported line speed is 18 - 20 Mbps with the router connected both upstairs AND to the BT Test Socket at foot of stairs.

BR

Wgcuser

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

How many telephone sockets do you have? Are your router and telephone currently connected to the test socket? Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Yes the line is noisy, the 1471 service sounds like it is coming from a fish and chip shop!

BTW - BT / Open Reach replaced a pole in the last six months - maybe related?

Hope you can sort it.

BR 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi wgcuser,

Line test is picking up a potential issue, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes