cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talk Talk blocking my VPN

PeteRobins13
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Please help! I work from home and talk talk continuously block my company VPN - after a few months of successfully cracking it, Talk Talk reset our router due to slow service and its gone again. This time the IT department at work are out of ideas, online chat goes round and round in circles and i'm unable to work! Please help! The online chat have promised they have re set the firmware but no joy. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Hi @PeteRobins13 

I have done extensive testing of VPN clients, do you know which VPN protocol this Draytek one uses, or can you provide me with a link to it.

All ports should be allowed through the router's firewall in an outbound direction.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Morning Pete,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to send a Sagemcom Wifi Hub instead to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 3 of 7

VPN is Draytek but I'm really not sure about the rest as the label has come off the back of the router.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I have now updated these, please let me know what else you need. I desperately need this to work. The IT department at work have said that the Port 1723 and the GRE port need to be allowed to pass through.... this means nothing to me, 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Pete,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

What make/model of router are you using & what firmware version is it running? Which VPN client are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes