cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk Support not listening!

swilt170571
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

For days now I have been having my router reset itself.  All connections drop the light flashes orange on the router and I can see reconnects in the Router Log.  I have restarted numerous and reset to factory settings but it still happens.

When it drops the orange lights is flashing until reconnectin

Numerous calls to the helpdesk are poitnless.   All I get is

ITs working now so no issue

OR maybe its your devices buy an externder or homeplug.!

What bit do they not understand the router is resetting!!!!!!!!

My only option is now is official complaints.  And I have asked them to put on record I will also stop paying until I get service I pay for.

If any talktalk moderators are on here and can help then reach out please as your online helpdesk can not.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

swilt170571
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi Debbie / Michelle

Thank you so much for fast response and good news.  I will off course post an update once it arrives and I have it up and running.

Regards

Simon

Message 4 of 10

Hi swilt170571

Apologies for this.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

swilt170571
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Good Morning Michelle

Thank you for prompt response

I have just checked the socket its an Openreach Master Socket that they fitted when I first came to TalkTalk and looking behind the cover there is no longer a test socket like there was on the previous old style socket.

In reference to a spare router I am afraid I dont have any replacements, just this original one from TalkTalk from when I started the contract a few years ago.

Previously I have had good customer service but for this issue I am struggling to get valid support from the chat channel, everytime I log a call they inform me to look at possibly using wifi extenders, cabled connections etc etc and nothing else they will do.  I keep explaining it is not a issue with my devices as the router is droppng the connections, which is demonstrated by watching the router reconnect via the flashing lights and logging onto the router and seeing the uptime restarting but for some reason that does not seem to be understood.  

Is it possible to get a replacement router for me to test even if its a reconditioned one, or request OpenRach to check the lines.  Preference would be router to test a router in first instance.

THank you

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Does the main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Ok, the support team here on the community will hopefully be able to pick this up in the morning, they will be able to run some more detailed tests on your line (as long as you complete your community profile as described in my first post), but if those all come back clear they may suggest that they send you a replacement router to try.

Do you have a test socket within your master phone socket ?, as if so they may ask you to try the existing router in there first, just to eliminate any issues with your home phone wiring.

swilt170571
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi THanks for the prompt response.

I have called / Chatted with the Service Team many times unfortunatly they seem to be stuck on a script for questions that get no where. 

THey keep informing me maybe I need a wifi extender or cable, despite me saying maybe 20 times to them that is not the issue the actual Router is losing connectivity all devices drop I then check the router and can see it restarting as in the amber light flashing.   FOr some reason they do not understand this!

Yes line tests have been done and are always ok as its not possible to get online and in touch in time when issue is happening as it resolves in 3 minutes.

The model is Huawi DG8041W

Looking in the logs I do not see kernel panic but in the debug log for time of issue tonight i see this

2022-10-05 18:51:17 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpd]send Ack, xid[4a20f413], mac[a6:80:fa:f3:ca:8b], request serverip[192.168.1.1], yourip[192.168.1.18], dns1[192.168.1.1]
2022-10-05 18:51:24 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:Receive DSL port down msg!
2022-10-05 18:51:24 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[WAN_MNGT] ipv4 if set wan state down, wan Index=0x10201001.
2022-10-05 18:51:25 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[L2M] xdsl channel 1 state change process. Status=down.
2022-10-05 18:51:26 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:Receive DSL port init msg!
2022-10-05 18:51:27 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:Receive DSL port trainning msg!
2022-10-05 18:51:48 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:Receive DSL port up msg!
2022-10-05 18:51:48 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpc]get wan[wan3] ifindex[41] and Mac Addr[cc:64:a6:ec:af:41] success!
2022-10-05 18:51:48 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[L2M] xdsl channel 1 state change process. Status=up.
2022-10-05 18:51:51 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpc]send Discover, wan[wan3], xid[4dc29138], mac[cc:64:a6:ec:af:41], requestip[79.67.136.12], option60[DG8041W-v1.05t]
2022-10-05 18:52:07 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[dhcpc]receive Ack, wan[wan3], xid[597d5059], mac[cc:64:a6:ec:af:41], request serverip[79.67.128.1], yourip[79.67.136.12], dns1[79.79.79.79], dns2[79.79.79.80]
2022-10-05 18:52:07 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[WAN_MNGT] ipv4 if set wan state up pre, wan Index=0x10201001.
2022-10-05 18:52:07 [Debug][Debug-Log] static:[WAN_MNGT] ipv4 if set wan state up, wan Index=0x10201001.
2022-10-05 18:52:08 [Informational][Debug-Log] static:DNS service of wan3 is abnormal
2022-10-05 18:52:08 [Critical][Debug-Log] static:MngtPlat_OnWanUp[index_0x10201001]
2022-10-05 18:52:28 [Informational][Debug-Log] static:DNS service of wan3 is recovered

not sure if related.

IF I could just get a new Router to try it would be great as it is affecting my work due to drops and also family for some of activites they do online for example xbox get thrown out....

ive attached the two logs I can get from tonight.  I think around 18:52 05/10/2022

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @swilt170571,

What model of router do you have, if it is the Huawei Wi-Fi Hub do you see any entries in the log that mention a 'Kernel Panic', as this is a known issue that can cause that model of router to reboot.

Alternatively (and probably more likely) it could be an issue with your phone line causing the router to lose connection and have to reconnect.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket inside it then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Frustrating as these type of issues are, I would not recommend withholding payment / cancelling any direct debits at this stage, that will just end up causing you more hassle with other departments within TalkTalk, and could potentially end up affecting your credit rating.

0 Likes