cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk not supporting Wix websites (All images broken on Wix sites)

rosiewright
First Timer
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

When viewing any Wix website, I'm experiencing problems on all devices connected to my TalkTalk Wi-Fi. All images show up as the broken image symbol and some fonts aren't loading either. If I switch these devices to 4G then the images and fonts display. 

I feel like I've tried everything: cleared cache, restarted devices, tried Chrome, Safari and Brave, incognito mode, no parental controls, turned off any adblockers, no antispam setup, speed test fine, reset the router, and turned router on and off.

I spoke to TalkTalk earlier today and they said "Our checks suggest the issue is with the website itself, as the internet connection to your router looks good and we've not been able to find any set up problems. We highly suggest contacting the website support for further assistance to check if there's any changes on their settings that causes of your device not able to access the website when connected to the wifi connection.

I have checked your account here, and no websites are being restricted from your wifi connection."

I don't think this is a Wix issue as it's only happening on my TalkTalk Wi-Fi and works fine on 4G.

A friend looked into this for me and said when he looks at http:// static.wixstatic.com/  on Chrome on an Android he gets the "forbidden" error message. But I get an SSL protocol error on Brave on my Macbook. To which my friend responded – I suspect means that TalkTalk isn't supporting some kind of security standard that they should be.

Does anyone understand what is going on and how to help me? I would really appreciate any help at this point! 

Also, just a note, this is all on wireless. I don't have the cables etc. to try on wired.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 21.05.53.pngScreenshot 2023-05-06 at 22.03.03.pngScreenshot 2023-05-06 at 08.20.17.png
52 REPLIES 52

davecm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 53

I found that in my Talktalk account, Scam Protection had been turned on, but not by me, so presumably by Talktalk.

With scam protection on, when I tried to access the Wix URL that another user had reported issues with, I was taken to a Talktalk Scam Protection landing page. This could suggest that some sites may have have been blocked in error by Talktalk's scam protection site filtering.

Turning Scam Protection off may be a temporary workaround until Talktalk resolve the issue, but could leave you open to malicious sites, so caution needed. 

Windows, Android, Synology NAS
0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

Hi @johnkubo11 

Please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can add your details.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 53

Hi @Morgan24 

Please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so we can collate your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

There was a problem with broken images on Wix.com and websites hosted by them which seems to be due to the configuration of TalkTalk's security settings (Scam Protection in the HomeSafe settings?).

That problem remains, as far as I can tell. 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

Hi all,

access to bt.com has been restored.  Can you please test access to wix and confirm if still having issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

Hi Johnhc

This is under investigation with our incidents teams currently, and we are awaiting an update shortly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

JOHNHC
First Timer
Private Message
Message 27 of 53

Hi. I have a TalkTalk account. I can no longer see images on Wix websites when using WiFi. Using mobile it's okay. I am not the only person to have this issue. What's going on?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Message 29 of 53

Thank you for keeping us updated.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Hi

we are chasing for updates this morning and will post back soon.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Message 31 of 53

Yes, many people do, but the Ts&Cs that we sign up to as residential customers have not changed since the practice became more common during the pandemic, @Sonia100.

If this is what we sign up for, Talktalk's liability is simply what is appropriate for reliability in a domestic set up. It's the same if you check other utilities like gas and electricity suppliers' contracts.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

Many people work from home these days. Graphic designers work 24/7 in their pajamas lol.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 53

I have the same problem and it's not working for me at 21:31 Monday 8 May 2023.

0 Likes

Sonia100
First Timer
Private Message
Message 34 of 53

Hi Rosie, I have the same problems. My websites on wix don't show images and I can't see any of my product  images on the Wix.com platform. I had a long call with Wix.com helpline and they concluded it is TalkTalk causing this. I went to a friends home and was able to access the Wix.com platform and sites. My friends around the world could access the websites. But I can't when I am in my home with the TalkTalk broadband service. I'm really fed up. Kind regards, Sonia

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 15.32.22.png

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 15.17.55.png

  

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 53

Have you tried changing the DNS settings to e.g. Google DNS?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-3rd-Party-DNS/ta-p/2205279

0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

Hey @Morgan24  - I have been in touch with wix (see my post below) and they have asked the ISP to whitelist the WIX domains...  it’s definitely a TalkTalk problem with their security settings. 

PJRanson
Participant
Private Message
Message 37 of 53

Hi All 

I came to the forum to post the same issue regarding wix sites, I too am a Wix Developer and can’t update, view or test any webpages I’m working on, which is a major showstopper of an issue...

I have premium service with Wix and spent over an hour and a half with their  support team late on Saturday night, we ran various troubleshooting tests only to determine the issue being at my end... or more specifically my ISP - I can hotspot to my cell phone and the problem is resolved ergo, Talk Talk is the source of the problem. 

Wix advised me to contact the ISP and request Wix be Whitelisted. Who needs to see this to get this expedited?

I have a Ticket number for WIX if that is of help? They have asked to contact them once a solution has been determined so that they can update their guidelines. 

Thanks.

Message 38 of 53

There won't be any further updates today, @johnkubo11.

Staff are on from early in the morning but not late afternoon  / evening on here.

Phone and Chat should be available into the evening. Full details for these:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

johnkubo11
First Timer
Private Message
Message 39 of 53

Hey, is there an update regarding this? I had to put my Wix site on hold due to the issue

Message 40 of 53

Hi will an update be sent out about this? As a wix website owner it really needs resolving as soon as possible please?

Thank you

0 Likes