cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to enable DMZ on FAST5364 3 firmware SG4K100136

mouetteboat
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Hi,

My sons xbox has stopped working in the past few weeks.  I'm getting a NAT Type error, I've tried a number of recomended fixes from the forums without any luck.  Next option is to use the DMZ setting on the router but whenever I enable it, and apply the changes its not keeping them.  If I go back in to the screen the settings have been lost.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

mouetteboat
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 26

These are the ports I need to open

These ports must be open to connect to the Xbox network:
  • Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 26

You do not add ports to the firewall, this is done in the port forwarding configuration. Which TCP or UDP ports do you need to forward & I will try and help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

mouetteboat
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

I would prefer not to use the DMZ but I'm running out of options.

Thanks for the replies.  I'd prefer not to do a factory reset as I don't want to reconfigure the router afterwards.

If I enable the "Low" setting on the firewall everything works fine.  As soon as I change the setting to "High" it stops working.  I have tried enabling uPnP, when I do so I can see the rule for the Teredo UDP being added dynamically to the rules but the xbox still doesn't work.

I have tried adding the required ports manully to the firewall (see attached) but it still fails to connect (also added all the standard ports for https http etc etc etc).

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 26

Hi mouetteboat

Can I just check, have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

I will not use the DMZ due to losing the protection of the router's firewall & would always recommend port forwarding instead. Which TCP or UDP ports would need to be forwarded if you went for this solution? However, in the meantime, I will ask the TalkTalk Products Team to test this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes