cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sagemcom FAST5364 modem dropping 5Ghz channels - SSID disappears

anchorman73
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

I've been using my TalkTalk-supplied Sagemcom FAST5364 router / modem with no problems for the past 4 years or so.  Only in the last week have I noticed that the 5Ghz SSID disappears.  I reboot the modem and it reappears but after a day it's gone again.  I've not added any new WiFi equipment to my network.  I have an existing Netgear Wireless Access Point with differently named 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs and all have been happily working together on the network for years.  Both my laptop and my mobile phone can see the 5Ghz SSID when visible.

The current router firmware is SG4K100174.

Any ideas?  Many thanks.

Regards,
Paul
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @anchorman73 

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

anchorman73
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hello,

I've been testing the new router / modem all week and I've not had any issues at all with the 5Ghz SSID networks.

I've packaged up the old router / modem for posting, which you should be receiving shortly.

Many thanks for your help with this issue.

Regards,
Paul

Message 3 of 9

Hi anchorman73

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi anchorman73

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

I will check in again with you on Monday to see how the connection has been performing with the new router.

0 Likes

anchorman73
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Hi Debbie,

Just to let you know that the new router has arrived.  It's connected to the internet and I've configured it to behave like my 'dodgy' router.

Let's see what happens after a few days.  I'll update you then.

Regards,
Paul

Message 6 of 9

Hi anchorman73

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

anchorman73
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi Michelle,

If you could send a spare / replacement router that would be great.  As my community account is linked to my main Talktalk account you should have all of my address details.  Please let me know if you have any issues with this. 

Many thanks. 

Regards,
Paul

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes