cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN Connection Problem

jamesgparry
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I'm having a problem connecting to my workplace VPN. The VPN settings work fine and are used on everybody else's computers, but when I'm at home I can't connect. I'm using the built in VPN service for Windows 10. 

I believe, after looking through all of the other topics on here, that it could be a firmware problem with my router (black box with the kind of holes on the front of it). But a service advisor updated it this morning and still no joy. 

Do I need a new router? Or is there a setting you can unlock on Talk Talk's end to make sure my VPN connection works?

J parry
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi jamesgparry

Is your VPN connection working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi jamesgparry

Thanks for your reply.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Debbie

Message 3 of 11

Hi, Thank you for letting me know. I will wait for Monday and hopefully I'll be able to connect again. 

J parry

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

This will be after the weekend, @jamesgparry

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 11

Hi Debbie,

I still need help with this as the VPN problem persists. 

Please could you update the firmware on my router? Any time is best and the route is switched on 24/7. Would be great to get this working so I can work from home.

J parry
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi jamesgparry

Do you still need help with this?

When would be the best time to update the firmware?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi jamesgparry

Thank you.

When would be the best time to update the firmware?

We advise to keep the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

jamesgparry
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi, 

I have added my details to my profile page. 

Hope to speak to someone soon. 

J parry

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi jamesgparry

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number. I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @jamesgparry,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing the firmware, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the support person may have changed for you today, but the team here on the community are more experienced in dealing with this specific issue, so would be best to let them take a look at it tomorrow.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).