cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN NOT WORKING WITH FAST 5364 ROUTER

elliotmv
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi.

My router seems to block VPNs connecting to SQL databases owned by AWS, and I need to do that to be able to access the databases for my work. I've found some forum posts that had the exact same issue and seem to have the exact same router as me and changing it fixed their problem.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-not-working-with-Fast-5364-router/td-p/2564869

It seems like getting a new router fixed it for these guys people. Can anyone help? Thanks! 

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

Did you restart or facrtory reset - this will cause it to make a call to our ACS server to register.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk . Restarted it about 10 mins ago

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi

I cant find a device with this serial number in our database.

Can you try a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

This should allow it to re-register in our device database.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi elliotmv

Do you have the serial number from the new router? I can then try and locate the details.

Please send the serial number to me by Private Message.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk I don't have a landline sorry. I think all the info required is on my account now as Karl managed to sort it out with the old router back in September. Thanks

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi elliotmv

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

elliotmv
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk hi Karl. I've just had a new talktalk router arrive and I've got the same problem as in this thread. Could you please look into it? Thanks VPN NOT WORKING WITH FAST 5364 ROUTER 

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

elliotmv
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 17

All working, cheers @Karl-TalkTalk 

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

Should be done. Give the VPN a test.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Ok, pushing it now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

elliotmv
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 17

Yes @Karl-TalkTalk no worries 

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi

l'll need to make a change to the router, will knock you off line for about 5 minutes.

Am I ok to do this now ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

elliotmv
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Thanks. Have added account number under private notes @Karl-TalkTalk 

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi

So that I can locate your account on our system and pick this issue up for you, please can you add your Account number or Home phone number to your 'Community Profile'.

If you are a Full Fibre customer, please add your FTTP reference or FTTP order Number to your profile.

If you have difficulty providing the above information, please add the Account Holders name, House number and postcode to the Private Notes section that is located at the bottom of your 'Community Profile'

Thanks  

Karl.   

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

elliotmv
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Elliot Mathieu Venables
0 Likes