cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN STOPPED WORKING

FSantos
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, My VPN connection to work has stopped working from 13thh January and I am get the error message  "Error 619 : A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed."

It was working OK from March 2020, . I have noted that a number of users appear to having a similar problem from Thursday 13 January.

The router which we have  (with no problem for about 2 years) is a TalkTalk WI-FI HUB FAST 5364-3. T8

Please can you let me know if there is a solution to this issue as I need to be able to work from home which I am unable to do at present.

Many thanks, 

Fabio

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Fabio

Sorry for the delay. The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

FSantos
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie

Please I would like to have a new router (due many people have the same issue and a new router solved it)

Thank you

Fabio

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Fabio

Apologies for this.

I can make a change to the firmware version or I can send you a different make and model of router for testing. Which would you prefer?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

If you go to http://192.168.1.1/ does the version at the bottom of the screen say SG4K100130 ?

Are you using the built in Windows 10/11 VPN, or some other 3rd party VPN software ?

If you have firmware SG4K100130 and you are using the built in Windows 10/11 VPN then that combination can sometimes cause problems. The staff here may be able to tweak some settings on your router, or may just suggest that they send you a router of a different type.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Staff will not be back on here before Monday, @FSantos.

When they return, they will need to identify your account from your community forum profile details. 

Please complete these by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Meanwhile, apart from help through the community, support on 03451 720088 is available on Saturday and Chat is available any day from 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.