cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN no longer connecting

LynneB1969
First Timer
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Similar to other recent posts, I can no longer connect to my works VPN. It was working fine on Tuesday but failed to connect yesterday. Our support team at work has done all the checks their end and there are no problems. I can also tether into the VPN using my mobile, so it appears to be a problem with my broadband/router.

Can you please advise?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Steve

Our Products Team have apologised and have said they will ensure it stays on current FW now (until new tested FW is available)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Thanks. All is working now. Can I ask why it was rolled back? Can you put some sort of flag on the account to lock the firmware and not change it without approval/notification.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi SteveM-IT

Thanks for your reply.

The firmware was rolled back in error, apologies for this. I've fed this back to our Products Team.

I have changed the firmware back again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi 

You will find all the details in Lynne's profile - it's here line and connection, I'm just the middle-man

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi SteveM-IT

Apologies for this. I will need to check your firmware again.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SteveM-IT
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Hi
This issue has re-occurred today. None of our other users are having any issues connecting to our VPN - have checked and tested the PC VPN connection, am in the process of rebooting the router.
Can you please investigate as a matter of urgency. Has the router firmware been upgraded again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi SteveM-IT

Yes that's correct.

We are currently rolling out new firmware to all Sagemcom hubs. It's this FW version which some VPN clients, mainly Microsoft seems to be affected.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Right, so you updated the firmware then?
Just so I know. It's not a setting or anything on the router, it's a firmware upgrade. That's fine. I would question why it suddenly stopped working having been fine for months though? Was an upgrade applied automatically or something? What changed?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi SteveM-IT

If the VPN - Microsoft stops working with the Sagemcom hub 130t FW then we can send a Huawei WIFI hub.

We can change the FW but this wont resolve the original DNS issue (which was what the FW 130t was to resolve)

Thanks

0 Likes

SteveM-IT
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Thanks Karl

Can you let us know what you did, in case we get other users with the same issue, or the router resets after an upgrade or something?
Be useful for other users to know too.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

LynneB1969
First Timer
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Hi Karl

That's worked. Thanks for your help in sorting this out.

Thanks

Lynne

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Lynne

I've made a change to the router, can you test and see if the VPN works.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

LynneB1969
First Timer
Private Message
Message 14 of 18

Hi Karl

I've added my number to the community profile.

Lynne

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Hi Lynne

Can you add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll look at the router remotely.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

SteveM-IT
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi
I'm Lynne's IT Manager! We use standard Microsoft RAS, and the Windows VPN client, and can connect over PPTP or L2TP/IPSEC.  The VPN was working fine until a couple of days ago and has stopped. I am assuming it must have done some sort of remote upgrade. Google tells us of many VPN issues using this hardware and firmware - SG4K100130 / Sagecom Fast 5364
Lynne can connect her PC to a mobile hotspot and through to the VPN absolutely fine - the issue is definitely with the TalkTalk hub.
We have multiple users with different ISPs, most have no issues. Virgin recently resoled their new Hub5 issue with a firmware upgrade. BT, Sky users etc have no issues.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi

What router are you using ?

Which VPN client are you using, or are you using Windows own VPN ?

Do you know what VPM Protocol this uses, PPTP or L2TP.

A recent Windows update from Microsoft has broken the Windows VPN using L2TP however they do have an update available.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes