cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not workin

celticfcbloke
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi, In the last week I have been getting this message while trying to connect to works VPN "a connection to the remote computer could not be established so the port was closed" 

It has been working fine for over a year, I've just had a new router today from Talktalk and still the same problem. Can you please help? 

Conor
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi celticfcbloke

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

celticfcbloke
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Hi Debbie

All sorted. Thanks for your help 😁

Conor

Message 3 of 11
0 Likes

celticfcbloke
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Hi Debbie

Will do

Conor

Message 5 of 11

Hi celticfcbloke

The firmware has now been updated, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

celticfcbloke
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

No problem Debbie

Thanks

Conor

Message 7 of 11

Hi celticfcbloke

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your firmware, would it be ok to do this this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW, this should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

celticfcbloke
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi Debbie

I have updated my details (I think, horrible to navigate around)

Thanks

Conor
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi celticfcbloke

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @celticfcbloke,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then this will probably have been caused by the firmware upgrading to a new version.

What VPN software do you use, or is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The support team here will be able to help, if you do have the Sagemcom they will probably be able to fix it by changing some router settings, they will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).