cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not working

jenwoo10
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

After successfully using my VPN during covid it has now stopped working and I can no longer connect. Last time I used it was around May time.

Has there been any changes to the router that would cause my broadband to block the connection?

Our IT department have tried every possible workaround, but it is still not working and have suggesting it may be something to do with my broadband provider.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hello,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming.

Thanks

jenwoo10
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Thank you, yes it is all working fine now. Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 13

Morning,

Is everything now working ok?

Thanks

Message 4 of 13
0 Likes

jenwoo10
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Thank you Chris, I will confirm in this topic that it is working once I have chance to check later today. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Lynda,

Can you please start your own topic and update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Lynda1781
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Hi, I am also having this issue with my VPN, I have been on live chat to TALKTALK twice but have not yet had this resolved.

Could you please help me with this please? 

0 Likes

Lynda1781
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Hello,  I am having the same issue and can no longer connect to my VPN. I have been on the phone to TALK TALK twice now with no help resolving this. Can anyone help me out as it is causing me real issues now with working from home. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Firmware update is in progress, this should complete within 15 minutes 🙂

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

OK, I'll update your firmware now 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

jenwoo10
First Timer
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Debbie, thank you for the reply.

My router is switched on currently but I am not at home, so if you can do it without me being there then happy for you to do this now?

Thank you

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi jenwoo10

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes