cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN stopped working.

MattCyg
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

About  couple of weeks, a go my work VPN stoped working. My company IT have checked all they can over there end and mine. I can connect using a different network, been in touch with TalkTalk support twice over this case with no success. Please can anyone help?

Thanks Matt

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Matt

I've just sent you a Private Message 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Matt

I'm so glad to hear that this is working 🙂

Thank you for your kind words and I'm sorry for the issues you experienced when reporting this issue.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know here on the Community.

Debbie

0 Likes

MattCyg
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 13

Debbie, you are a STAR. You can`t imagine how much of a help this is for me.   

If I can rate your help somehow please point me in the right direction. 

Thank you again

Matt

Message 4 of 13

Hi Matt

Yes of course, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

MattCyg
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Hi Debbie.

I`m at work till the afternoon, will reset and test this afternoon and feed back if that's ok? 

Thanks Matt

Message 6 of 13

Hi Matt

All updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Matt

Thank you 🙂 I will start the update now and I will post back as soon as this has been completed.

Debbie

MattCyg
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Hi Debbie.

Yes please , that would be great.

Message 9 of 13

Hi MattCyg

Will it be ok if I start the FW update in the next 15 minutes?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Hi @MattCyg,

Firmware SG4K100136 is quite new and has only recently been pushed out to the Sagemcom router, several customers have found that is has caused issues with their VPN connection, so it is likely this is what has happened for you too. The support team here will be back on Monday and will likely be able to fix this by changing the firmware version on your router.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

MattCyg
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Keith yes router is Sagemcom but not sure where to find firmware version. I think its SG4K100136.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Are you using the Sagemcom router with firmware V136 on it?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?