cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

What to do if Guaranteed speed is never met?

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hello.

I've tried to get a resolution to the following situation via TT Customer Service but not nowhere fast.

SITUATION

I'm on Fibre 65, with a published Guaranteed Speed on 60mbps download speed.

I never receive anything over 52mbps, and haven't for a long time. TT Status reports confirm this, clearly highlighting that the service is below Guaranteed speed. Infant, 52mbps is TT statistic that is served to the property. My tests suggest more like 48.5mbps max.

QUESTION

Where do I stand? Surely there is some legal challenge to be had regarding paying for a Guaranteed service and never receiving it.

Welcome any feedback...esp anyone who's been in the same boat.

Thanks

IMG_20230117_125505.jpg

IMG_20230116_195928.jpg

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi taylord01,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hello,

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for you. Please reply via Private Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

Hello @ferguson . Thanks for your input. Never received any document stating MGS at time of order. What documentation should I have received which stated the MGS? Nonetheless, as stated clearly by TT, my property is not receiving the quoted MGS of 60mbps....and clearly hasnt for a long time. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

I am afraid the details shown in the graphs can give misleading results. You should have been notified of your guaranteed minimum speed at the time you ordered, or last renewed your contract, do you have a record of that? 

0 Likes

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk .

Apologies for delay picking up your message.

I take my Minimum Guaranteed Speed to be as published in the Talktalk stats I've originally attached to this thread. I don't understand why it would be any different to the stated 60mbps d/l speed.

Attaching again today's Test tool screenshots. It can't be more clear imho, so I welcome my original question being answered by the appropriate accountable owner of Service levels. Maybe the CEO?

Thanks

Screenshot_2023-01-24-22-34-31-978_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-24-22-35-00-931_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

If you'd like your guaranteed minimum speed please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk 

I don't recall being informed about a specific guaranteed min speed at last renewal. I know I was moved to the Fibre65 BB package.

Where do I stand please?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

OK thanks, I didn't know that was there, and it appears to be incorrect. Were you given a minimum guaranteed speed when you last renewed your contract?

Chris

0 Likes

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk . Thanks for swift response. See screen shots in my original post...esp. 'Speed To Your Router' graph (dotted line 'Guaranteed Speed'). The additional screenshot also suggesting 'poor' speed status to Router. This information all comes from the TT Service Status checker tools.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi taylord01,

Could I ask where you are seeing a minimum guaranteed speed of 60Mbps, our systems are showing a lower guaranteed speed than this?

Chris

0 Likes