cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Why is Openreach asking me to do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I'm starting TalkTalk Fibre65 broadband on Monday, and I received the following text message from Openreach two days ago:

Hi it's Openreach on behalf of TalkTalk. We're looking forward to activating your new service on 28 Feb. You won't need to be in. This is just a reminder to please plug in and power up your router on the activation day before 8am to enable use to activate your services.

I won't be able to switch on the router on 28th February. Why does the router have to be switched on before the broadband is activated? Is the broadband not going to work properly if this is not done? The letter I got from TalkTalk says: "you can set your router up any time on 28th February 2022."

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on? Did you manage to contact our Chat Team?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Check with Chat during the day on Sunday, @Anonymous, if it's worrying you  - just to ascertain whether someone needs to get it set up.

They open at 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply.

I won't be able to connect and switch on the router until after Monday, because I'm not currently at the address. Does this matter?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

It means they can check that it is working remotely when you go live.

No harm in switching it on a day early - if you already with Talktalk the router will work with ordinary fast broadband too, @Anonymous.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes