cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi Fi router reset

Allastair
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have to reset my wi fi router (Huawei) nearly every day to stop devices running slow, and tv buffering. Its ok after a manual reset for a few hours.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Allastair

Thanks for your Private Message.

I'm glad to hear that the router has now arrived. Please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Morning Allastair,

Just checking in to see how you're getting on and if the router has arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Allastair

I'm really sorry about this.

If you don't receive the router today then please let me know and I will order another one for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Michelle - still no news from Yodel. From past experience of them, I suspect the next message will be 'We're sorry, but we can't find your package'. Lets hope I'm proved wrong. I'll give them another chase tomorrow if there's no news. Best regards Alastair

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Allastair,

Has the router arrived?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Allastair

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Michelle - that would be good - at the moment its very frustrating when the blue circle keeps appearing! Hopefully this will sort it. Regards Alastair

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Allastair,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be retutned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Have you done a speed test when you first reset and when you need to perform a reset? What speeds are you getting and what package are you on?

Continually resetting your router can actually have an adverse effect as line management will see each disconnect as a fault and reduce your speed to compensate.

Maybe try a few days without resetting to see if things improve.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes