cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi Channel keeps resetting

matthew97
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Wifi channel keep resetting even after I change them. I was told this was fixed previously and was due to some line optimisation. However the problem persists. The channel keeps resetting to is unusable because of the number of nearby wifi connections and honestly no idea how that could be determined "optimal". Can I please get some help with this as it gets really annoying having to go in and change the channel every single day just to use the internet.

M
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi matthew97

Apologies for this.

I have now switched the WIFI optimisation off again.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 6

Great, thanks for the link. Very helpful thank you!

M

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

I'm not sure if all firmware upgrades will reset this setting, or if this is something they can enhance with future upgrades, so the setting is not reset, but certainly at the moment many customers do seem to be reporting that this feature is getting switched back on after a firmware upgrade.

You are free to use any modem/router you like with a Talk Talk connection, the settings you may need to change to get a non TalkTalk modem/router to work are shown here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

matthew97
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hey,

So basically anytime they firmware updates I will have to request the feature to be turned off? If so that seems ridiculous. My router has just gone through the optimisation in front of my eyes and now I am unable to change the channel manually at all. So no internet till Tuesday, I guess I will just need to purchase my own router because I can't deal with this when having to work from home. Do you know if there is any issue in using a custom router with talktalk connection?

M
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @matthew97,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then it will be the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' feature that is causing this. Some new firmware has been getting pushed out for the Sagemcom recently, when new firmware is installed it switches this feature back on. So maybe you have had this feature disabled in the past, but a firmware updated has switched it back on.

The support team here will be back on Tuesday, and would be able to switch this feature back off for you.

0 Likes