cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi Password

exraflad
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Just had a disaster with Router and had to reset, so trying to update wifi password to allow all my myriad of connections, however when I input the previous password in change password it highlights the change password select button to blue but doesn't do anything. If I put an illegal character in or missmatch the passwords it warns me.

So I don't what am I supposed to do, I don't particularly want to use the default and i really don't want to have to reset all my wifi products, and i have a lot of them

exraflad_0-1707917063430.png

per ardua ad astra
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

That's great, just let us know if you experience any further problems 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

exraflad
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

OK solved it, if I attempt to change the password via Dashboard and use see WiFi settings the option to change password doesn't work.

exraflad_1-1707924129639.png

However using the index page and selecting the WiFi Configuration it works

exraflad_0-1707923935612.png

per ardua ad astra
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks. Could you try the factory reset again, hopefully this will resolve the problem but if not please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

exraflad
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

It had stopped working, so contacted TalkTalk via chat and we went through troubleshooting, during this chat the router kept on going from  orange light/ flashing orange light to no light, and my TV and computer kept saying network down/up/down. They then got me to do a factory reset and that is the current position. But a lot of my house is wirelessly networked and I need to reset the wifi password to what is was before the reset and I can't. I actually cannot change it to anything and really don't want the default.

per ardua ad astra
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK thanks. What was the disaster that you had with the router?

Chris

0 Likes

exraflad
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

that's right, and I've tried yet again and still I am unable to change the default password to anything.

per ardua ad astra
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi extraflad,

Just to confirm, will none of your devices currently connect to the router with the old wifi password?

Chris

0 Likes