cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi signal extend

Markthisoneout
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 73 of 73

I have been using my SAGECOM Fast 5364-3.T8 router for many years quite successfully but now I need to work from home in my office/shed the wifi signal won't reach and I can't reposition the router from it's current location. Can you help me with some sort of range extender please? Thank you

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

Message 61 of 73

Hi Debbie, I'm unable to let you know how the connection compares because, although you said last Tuesday that the replacement router would arrive in 24 - 48 hrs, I still haven't received anything!

0 Likes

Message 62 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the wireless connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 63 of 73

OK Debbie, I've just added the information you asked for to my Community Profile but please let me know if you need any more information.

Once again, thank you for such a speedy and helpful response.

Kind Regards

Message 64 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

No problem 🙂

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 65 of 73

I think that's a great idea Debbie - let's see how that works out. Do you have my address?

Kind Regards

Message 66 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a new router for testing so we can see how the wireless compares?

0 Likes

Message 67 of 73

Hi Debbie, and thanks for your response,

I think my router is 5 or 6 years old but I've been with TalkTalk for many more years than that.

Message 68 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

How old is your current router? When did you receive it?

We can send extenders but we are just waiting on stock of these at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 69 of 73

OK, you did say "work from home." But fair enough.

0 Likes

Message 70 of 73

There's still a problem with supply of boosters, so rather a wait for now, @Markthisoneout.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Markthisoneout
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 73

I'm actually an unpaid volunteer (and 75 years old!) so I'm not "employed" and certainly wouldn't qualify for any assistance. I wondered whether I could use an old router as a repeater but not sure that would work very effectively.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 73

I am not sure whether TalkTalk have any such devices available at the moment. In any event, if it is specifically for work purposes, perhaps you could ask your employer to provide something suitable?

0 Likes