cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi signal extend

Markthisoneout
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 73 of 73

I have been using my SAGECOM Fast 5364-3.T8 router for many years quite successfully but now I need to work from home in my office/shed the wifi signal won't reach and I can't reposition the router from it's current location. Can you help me with some sort of range extender please? Thank you

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

Message 21 of 73

Hi @KeithFrench 

Just to confirm, if they connect the WIFI extenders before the FW update of the router does it stop the extenders working even after the router update?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

You are very welcome & thanks for not trying the 266 until the router was upgraded to V202, I think that was crucial. 

Can I ask you if the 266 is stable with the blue light on? Please can you PM me two screenshots from the router as a final confirmation? If you log into the router & assuming that you are using a desktop device (PC etc) & not a mobile one, go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon Wi-Fi Mesh

From there, go to the Overview, then Extenders sub-tabs and get me screenshots of each one.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 23 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

That's great news 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

@KeithFrench  Thanks for your help Keith 🙂

0 Likes

Message 24 of 73

Absolutely brilliant Debbie! After experimenting with different positions for the Booster, I'm now getting a signal exactly where I needed it.

If they're not reading this thread, please would you pass on my sincere thanks to Keith and Karl for their patience, guidance and expertise. And of course to you, a great big thank you for initiating the resolution of my difficulty. You are a great team.

All the very best to everyone and thanks again.

Message 26 of 73

Amazing - I didn't feel a thing!!

I'll now get moving and set up the FAST266 and let you know how I get on.

Thanks Debbie

Message 27 of 73
0 Likes

Message 28 of 73

Yes please Debbie, that would be great! Ready to start whenever you are.

Kind Regards

Message 29 of 73

Morning @Markthisoneout 

I can update the router firmware for you this morning and this should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Are you happy for me to do this? 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 73

OK Team, I’m pleased to report that I’ve received the FAST266 V2 so, many thanks for sending me that.

Now Keith mentioned that I would need to update my router firmware to V202 before using it, so, could someone talk me through what I need to do in order to accomplish that please. Thanks Team.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 73

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like only Karl can do it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 73

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 73

OK thanks - you are really helpful guys. Have a great weekend.

All the best

0 Likes

Message 34 of 73

Hi

Any of the Team can push the firmware for you, when the Booster arrived.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

Assuming that it is the FAST266 Version 2 that you get, then before doing anything, Karl will need to update your router's firmware to V202 first.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 36 of 73

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 37 of 73

Thank you Karl. I'll let you know the results when I receive it and set it up.

All the best

0 Likes

Message 38 of 73

Hi Mark,

Keith has recommended a Wi-Fi booster to see if this can help or resolve the issues for you.

I'll get one out to you and you can test and let us know if you see improvements.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 73

No problems, I will ask TalkTalk on your behalf now.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 40 of 73

Thanks for your help and analysis Keith - it's been most informative and I'll now try to see why the 5GHz band is not working with my PC.

As far as the main issue is concerned, I understand your comment re using the new router as a repeater so I'll abandon any idea of using that and return it straight away (Debbie please note!).

Please could I take up your offer to discuss with TalkTalk the provision of a Sagemcom FAST266 WiFi Booster as it sounds like that could very well solve the main problem I currently have.

Once again Keith, thanks for your patience and expertise.

Kind Regards

0 Likes