cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi signal extend

Markthisoneout
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 73 of 73

I have been using my SAGECOM Fast 5364-3.T8 router for many years quite successfully but now I need to work from home in my office/shed the wifi signal won't reach and I can't reposition the router from it's current location. Can you help me with some sort of range extender please? Thank you

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 73

HI @Markthisoneout 

That is really great news and you are very welcome for any help that I may have given you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 73

Hi

glad to hear the connection has remained positive and our community has been able to help 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 73

Good morning Debbie (and Keith if he's logged in to this thread). Not sure if I was supposed to be included in the conversation below (that you were both having yesterday) but anyway......!

I thought that I would let you know that when I arrived home last night I found that the Booster was still showing a "Good" connection and appears to have been stable all day. As I needed to move it further along to the other end of the window sill upstairs (only by about 3 feet) I noticed that the green light came on and I got "Excellent". I've checked this morning and it's still steady on "Excellent" and I'm getting a really good stable signal and data rate in my shed/office which is about 20 - 25 metres away from this point. So suddenly everything appears to be working brilliantly!!

I've said it before but I'll say it again - thanks for being patient with me but I think that patience and the need to just wait for it to settle down has done the trick.

I'm happy, I hope you're happy and I can now carry on with a very hectic days work ahead of me knowing that I've got a stable data connection!

All the very best to you both.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 73

HI @KeithFrench 

Thanks for your reply.

We can only try this to see. If you would like to go ahead this morning with the update then please let me know.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 73

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk if you think I won't lose management of my V1 266s like that (I did before) on V202, then by all means do it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 73

Hi @KeithFrench 

Do you want me to push the 202 update now or wait?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 73

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I am waiting to find out. I'll guess I will know soon when you have re-upgraded my Hub 2.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 73

Hi @KeithFrench 

Is this still happening? (the router connection being unstable)

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 73

I am concerned that with V202 comes another problem, that I had when I first tried V202. My router was very unstable, the WiFi kept dropping every minute or two. A factory reset sorted it.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 73

Good Morning Keith, I tried a number of positions for the booster last night and moved the router itself onto a shelf so I think I've finally found a compromise position where I can maintain stable communication between the 2 (it's "Good" rather than "Excellent") and get the extended range I need and so far it appears stable. I'm out all day today (at a funeral) so I can't get the recorded data and images to you but if I'm back at a reasonable time this evening I'll try, or maybe it'll have to be tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

ATB

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 73

Hi @Markthisoneout 

Just to clarify, as I have made a few edits to some of these recent posts. Please can you get me a fresh, full set of files as per my guide? 

Thanks.

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 73

I'll remove your image as that has your personal information in it.  EDIT: I would look at the snapshot, but you forgot to include it!

When the light flashes orange it has probably lost communication with the router. When it does this, what happens if you either press the WPS button briefly to show the signal status or try to view the extenders tab in the router's UI?

Keith

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 13 of 73

The attached Report Images seem to show quite a few gaps in transmission?

EDIT: You have forgotton to include the snapshot & full report etc. Please can you get them for me. I have removed your ZIP for now.

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 14 of 73

Not sure if the attached helps?

EDIT: personal information removed.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 73

Hi Keith,

An interesting day!!

So, I think my euphoria was rather short lived as the booster signal has been rather unstable through the day. I've moved it around and have achieved an "Excellent" at a few places but even then it seems to only last for a short while before losing sync (flashing orange?). Any reason or will it need time to settle down?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 73

Just for your information, and I don't know if this helps, but I didn't get the flashing red light (as per the instructions) when I connected power the first time so I turned it off, waited a few minutes then turned it back on again. After some time (and not the minute that it says), it turned green so I tried syncing (pressing the WPS buttons) and it connected with the blue light showing steady. After that, I powered off and moved it to the new location. It has occasionally gone to flashing orange but now seems to have settled down.

Hope the information is useful but I'm quite happy to give you more info if you need it.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 73

That is perfect, thank you.

I notice that the WiFi signal received from the router only reports as good, not excellent. This will work OK, but if you are still experimenting, see if you can get it a little bit closer to the router to achieve an excellent signal strength. However, it can be a trade-off if the devices then get a poorer signal from the F266. See your Extenders screenshot where the F266 is listed at the bottom & the Connection status is currently reported as Good.

Keith

Message 18 of 73

I hope I've done this correctly - is this what you wanted?

Screenshot -Extenders.pngScreenshot-Overview.png

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 73

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I have just sen you a PM as to what I think is going on with the other failed installations. It is based on guesswork, so might need a bit of research.

Keith

0 Likes