cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi channel selection not working

badook
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I've used dozens of Wifi routers throughout my life, and the TalkTalk one is the only one ever that lets you manually change Wifi channel selection from "Auto" to  a chosen one... and after a while just ignores it and switches back to the default one without telling customers!

It's been annoying enough to make me consider switching providers. Either don't give me an option to switch to manual channel selection, or stick with the setting I saved in the settings.

Can someone from TalkTalk please disable Wifi channel "optimization" so that my chosen channel will stick for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz? Could you also fix the router firmware?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi badook

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi @gghopkins 

I will take a look at your post/topic now 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Debbie

Could you do the same for my account too please - see the problem I’m having here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Unreliable-Wi-Fi-since-latest-Wi-Fi-hub-firmware-updat...

Thanks

Graham

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi badook

Apologies for this. I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

gghopkins
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Ask staff to disable optimisation on your account. That fixed this issue for me.