cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband router solid amber for 2 days

Sleepyhead
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Well after waking up the other day and having no Internet at all I hopped on my ultra slow mobile data to report this to talk talk. Now all I have. Is just a page what says track my fault and then says sorry try again in 15 minutes. After turning the router off and on for the bot first then having to do it again after I got thru the chat online. Then even after doing all that it still had a solid amber light. And then the chat was closed. And with my data on mobile being so slow I can't find out what's happening next because it must be the router at fault. But I've not heard anything from talk talk or openreach.  This is terrible service the last time I was with virgin media and had a fault like this I had a repair done the same day and was even given a new router. Just the property I'm in now doesn't have access to virgin or even BT fibre. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Sleepyhead

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

It's been fine since I have plugged in the new router. Today I also sent back the faulty router in the bag with the box just so maybe it can be fixed 

Message 3 of 12

Morning Sleepyhead,

Thanks for the update. How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

Sleepyhead
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Well about 15 to 20 minutes ago the new router came I plugged all off the new ones wires for wall and power just in case and hey presto it works went to a solid white light and I checked to make sure I could connect, yep indeed, so I just have to of course send the old one that's definitely faulty with all it's cables. Thanks again Debbie I know you might not see this till Monday but thanks. Let's hope it stays working lol. 

Message 5 of 12
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thanks Debbie I will let you know what happens as soon as it arrives thanks again. 

Message 7 of 12

Hi Sleepyhead

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Sleepyhead
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

If you can please send me a new router I can at least try it as there must be something wrong with the one I have if the line is OK? 

Message 9 of 12

Hi Sleepyhead

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line tests are clear, are you happy for me to go ahead and order a replacement router?

0 Likes

Sleepyhead
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Done Debbie 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Sleepyhead

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie