Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi connected but not working

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

I have been with talk talk and using this router for about 1 year. In the last few weeks it has stopped working. It shows as connected to devices but many apps and websites won't fully load. In particular media like videos and images so apps like instagram wont load at all.

I have tried all the trouble shooting suggested on the website but no luck. It seems to be a router issue?

Any help would be fab, thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @MaggieD97 ,

Do you have any devices connected 'wired' to the router, if so do they also have the same issues ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

Highlighted
First Timer
Thanks for the reply! I've updated my details so fingers crossed this gets picked up soon
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MaggieD97

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

That's great thanks,

I have set up the new router, I set it up last night so it has been in for about 18 hours now. Still the same problems unfortunately, working fine for most things but not for snapchat, instagram or any apps website where you need to load images or videos as media. I have checked the settings in these apps too and they are all correct for wifi connection!

Maybe if I give this new router a little more time to settle?

@OCE_Debbie 

Highlighted

Hi MaggieD97

Apologies for the delay.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi Debbie,

It got better and was working perfectly for a few days but today it has gone back to not working on snapchat and instagram. Very strange! It is better than before but obviously this is still annoying!

Maggie
Highlighted

Hi Maggie

Apologies for this.

Could you try splitting the routers SSID's? Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi,

I have tried this but still the same issue on both separate connections. So I have put it back to original settings.

Maggie
Highlighted

Hi Maggie,

Ok thank you for confirming. How has the connection been since your last post, has there been any improvement?

Thanks