cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi connection keeps dropping

jerindevassy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi, my devices keeps getting disconnected from the wifi. When I checked with wifi analyzer wifi channels from 36 to 48 are congested.  So, I changed the wifi channel but it keeps reverting back to previous channels.  I read in some posts that it is because of of the wifi optimization. So could you please disable the wifi optimization for me?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Is the router situated close to other wireless or electrical devices that could be causing interference?

Chris

0 Likes

jerindevassy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Also, this problem existed before splitting the two bands. 

0 Likes

jerindevassy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Sorry, but I don't need 2.4GHz band because I am not even getting 10 percent of the speed when my devices are connected to it. I might as well turn it off.  Also, If I want to share any files between devices over wifi, and one device will be connected to 5GHZ band and another will be connected to the 2.4GHz band if its not split I wouldn't even know which device is connected to which band. 

Is there any other option for the wifi hub to stop switching to other channels?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

We recommend that you don't split the bands as wifi optimisation works better if the bands aren't split. 

Chris

0 Likes

jerindevassy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Yes. Its quite congested and all the device constantly disconnects. Some devices have trouble re-connecting to the network as well. Yes I have split 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands because the 2.4GHz is really slow. I want all my devices to beconnected on 5GHZ band. Is there any other solution?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi jerindevassy,

I'm sorry, we no longer disable wifi optimisation. All channels appear to be quite congested. Do you have the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands split?

Chris

0 Likes

jerindevassy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I have updated the requested details.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes