cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

broadband keeps dropping out

marqous
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

over the past week the broadband has been dropping out randomly - sometimes with the router flashing white/orange and sometimes flashing orange - and seemed a bit slow yesterday evening.

I've tried re-seating the plugs, etc and it's plugged directly into the master socket 'test' socket, and i've tried powering down and restarting the router. could you check to see what's going on please?

phone seems ok

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks. Yes we do have your name, I just need to confirm that the name you give me matches the account holder name on our system 🙂

I'll order the router now, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

marqous
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

done;  although I might ask why it's needed as talk talk must have my name, address and phone no. anyway?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Could you just add your surname to your community profile and I'll order the router for you

Chris

0 Likes

marqous
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

OK, yes.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

OK thanks, we can send a router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

marqous
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi Michelle,

The voice service seems normal. No i don't have a spare router.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks unstable. I can see from your post that you've already tried the test socket. Have you also tested with a different router? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @marqous,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes