cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

faulty router

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

hi is their any chance of a replacement router ive been running on sagecom fast 5634 for about 4+years now the wifi has been getting slower tried totaly wiping it and starting from scratch but didn't make any difference so i put old DSL 3782 on and speeds back up to normal but this one only has 1 band so a new one is needed thanks in advance 

dave
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

How has the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have switched the WIFI optimisation off, could you try a different wireless channel now to see how the connection compares?

Change your wireless channel

If you are still experiencing the same issue then please let me know and I will send a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

tried automatic optimisation made no difference need to try new router 

dave
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @anoyed,

Have you tried changing the channels that the Sagemcom broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested. Would just be interesting to see if this got the speeds back to something good.

Be aware that the Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the Support Team to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

But if changing channels is not making any difference, then your original request of a replacement router might be the best way to go, the support team here would be able to to help with that.