cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

intermittent broadboard connection

markcheng
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

My broadband connection is intermittent. 2 consecutive nights it went down after midnight for about 15 minutes.

another day, it went down during the day while I am working.

Can you run a check and optimise/upgrade my router if needed?

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi markcheng

Thanks for your reply.

The FW version now shows - 2816t.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie,

I got the new router. My initial action was to backup the current router settings and restore it on to the new router. I have done it through Internet settings/Manage advanced settings/TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub/Maintenance. However, it is just the "egg-timer" when I tried to restore it on the new router and never loaded properly. I have to factory reset it to make it work again.

I noticed the Firmware version is SG4K10001400t which is older than my original router. Can you kindly update the firmware for me?

I also noticed the downstream speed is only 63190 (upstream 19538) against 66046 with the original router. Is there a way you can finetune to make it faster?

Can you let me know why the backup and restore router settings is not working? There is no point for me to backup every so often.

The other thing I notice was I cannot change the router subnet. It may be due to the old Firmware. Your advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi markcheng

Yes no problem 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Yes please. 

Can I keep the old one for at least a week so that I can transfter the settings across? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi @Andyb 1968

Please can you create a topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Andyb 1968
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Don’t worry mate,I see more of the orange flashing light than the solid white one,keep telling me they is nothing wrong whilst my little orange light is blinking at me,,

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi markcheng

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

When it was down, I could see the light in the front of my Wifi Hub was amber instead of the normal white. I turned off the router and left it for a few seconds before I turned it back on. It took a few minutes to blink between white and amber. Then the internet is back on line after the light is steadily white.

This situation happens a couple times after midnight (yesterday and the day before), and once during the day while we are working from home.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Did you notice if any of the lights changed on the router when this happened? If you reboot the router are you then able to connect again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for looking into this.

Yes, when it is down, all connections including wired are not able to connected to the internet. 

it was back up about 15 minutes or so later while we struggled to find out why. It was as if the connection was rebooted by someone or something.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi markcheng

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Does this also happen if you connect wired?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes