cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

internet keeps dropping out for a few seconds then come back on

M-L-7
Participant
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

Hi,

For the passed few weeks my internet keeps "blipping" that is it goes off for a couple of seconds then comes back on.  I have tried all the recommendations to no avail.  It does vary sometimes it will be ok for a couple of hours then it will go off and on a number of times in an hour.

I have a TalkTalk Sagemcom Fast 5364 router and connect to it via wifi.

Any help gratefully received

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi MarmiteGravy,

Welcome to the Community. If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread/topic and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

MarmiteGravy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 28

I've had exactly the same problem 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi M-L-7

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 4 of 28

Hi, just to let you know that since I changed the channels on my WiFi at approximately 15:40 yesterday 3-2-2022 I have had no problems with it "blipping".  Thank you so much for your help I am very grateful and happy!

Message 5 of 28

Hi M-L-7

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 6 of 28

Hi, no I haven't, I checked to see that the channels were as I had set them but I haven't tried changing them.  I have changed channels now and will see what happens.

Message 7 of 28

Hi M-L-7

Just to confirm, did you test different wireless channels once the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 28

Hi, I am sorry to say that my WiFi just disconnected for approximately 3 minutes, which gave me time to check the light on the router which remained on.  The router connection up time states 10d 02h08m25s.  I trust this will help you diagnose what the problem is.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Message 10 of 28

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.

Message 11 of 28

Hi M-L-7

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 12 of 28

Yes please, just trying to eliminate whatever the cause is. Thank you.

Message 13 of 28

Hi M-L-7

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to switch off the WIFI optimisation?

Message 14 of 28

Hi, sorry to say that it just went off for about half a minute!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

Message 16 of 28

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.  At the moment it appears to be fine, the problem is it isn't a constant fault, on occasions it will go ok for hours then start playing up several times within an hour.  But at the moment it is fine and I'll get back in touch if or when it plays up. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Morning,

Thanks for the update. How is the stability at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi thanks again for your help, I have checked the best channel to use. Thanks.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 19 of 28

The staff here on the community can disable Wi-Fi Optimisation for you, they should be able to do that tomorrow when they pick this post up.

With that disabled the router will stay on whatever channel setting you put it on, but you would really need to use an App like the one mentioned in my earlier reply to determine the best channel to use in your particular environment.

Message 20 of 28

Hi, I don't need fixed channels, I used them to try and eliminate channel flipping as a cause.  How do I get the staff to disable 'WiFi Optimisation'.  Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes