cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

keep losing internet, tech support useless

andyb68
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

so everything be fab for last yrs, but the last month keep losing connection, which i need because of my disability, twice they assigned engineers, twice they say fault has been fixed and it gone down again today for a good while, so i switched out my router and plugged in talktalk one, eliminating my router as issue.

so phone up support, in philippines (they said), last twice advisors were ace and very polite and understanding, this one had me running round in circles, 3 times asked me to switch on and off router, they she wanted a 4th time, 15mins i tried to explain to her the router not issue, so had enough asked to speak to manager, that took 16mins to speak to him, well clueless or what, said its my fault as your router is incompatible, you have to use our router, he wasnt even polite, refused to give me his name, i explained you dont even know what router i have, and at time both routers wernt working, offered me a new router, when theres nothing wrong with theirs anyway,lol.

anyway internet came back on, but he maintained its my fault, 

thank god i only have a few months left.  what has happened to talk talk, its going down that slippery slope again as it did in past

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

andyb68
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 1 of 8

if you feel the need fo for it

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Andy

Ok no problem and I will feed back the issues you have experienced originally reporting this fault.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

andyb68
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

hi

have done a speed check earlier and one just now, im around the minimum,  but i only have couple few weeks as said above, but at least you folks are good on here, shame the customer service on end of phone has let the experience down sadly

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to run some line tests and check the connection stats?

0 Likes

andyb68
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

it seems to be ok atm, though speeds have dropped a little, , i understand the odd issues due arise,  but twice sending engineer, even though was told they had fixed first fault, then fixed 2nd fault, then went again, was extremely frustrating, but what tipped it over the edge was that debacle when i called to get help, and an advisor who couldnt understand what i was saying, or wasnt interested is more likely, and an incompetent fool of a manager who tried to blame everything on me with a stinking attitude too boot, claimed he was a tech person yet knew nothing in reality when i questioned him how he came to those conclusions and back up what he was saying by myself who does have some tech knowledge

its sad that i cant see me renewing because of that experience , which is due in new few weeks.

but thank you for your help

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Andy

How has the connection been since your last post?

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Andy

I'm so sorry to hear this.

How is the connection at the moment? Would you like me to run some tests on the line?